Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still problems with ownerships of albums directory  (Read 3232 times)

goldrakke

• Coppermine newbie
Still problems with ownerships of albums directory
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:08:32 pm »

Hi..

I think that I have a similar trouble as described in the post

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,59305.0.html

Users create directory but they can't put images in them.

After some discussion with my hosting, I have realized that if I create directories in the normal way (mkdir) it gives them apache ownership and I cannot do anything else, they seem blocked and only admins can unlock them and change ownerships. The only way to give them normal access is to give the ownership of my account, and this may happen only if I create them by ftp-php libraries, using the ftp_mkdir function.

How can I hack the script to make this way of creating directory? Where should I change the code?

Thanks
Goldrakke

Nibbler

Re: Still problems with ownerships of albums directory
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 08:38:40 pm »

You can't easily do that. You should be able to use the 'default mode for directories' option in Coppermine to allow the created directories to be writeable though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.