Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linking to a Large HighRes zipped Image  (Read 4486 times)

mcgeek

• Coppermine newbie
Linking to a Large HighRes zipped Image
« on: May 04, 2004, 02:12:56 pm »

I was thinking of using coppermine for a LAN image library. The only feature that I need and havent seen is a link to download a file. This file would most likely be a Photoshop (.psd) file zipped. Can it be configured from the standared admin interface or could I add it without being a php rocket scientist....LOL

Thanks

McGeek

Bill_S

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Spilman Photography
Re: Linking to a Large HighRes zipped Image
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 03:28:46 pm »

One solution: Use one of the four custom fields to hold the link (Admin Mode, Configuration Menu).

Bill
I just want it to work!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 05:05:20 pm »

Version 1.3 hs the ability to have zipped files etc, which will download when clicked on.
The problem is the thumbnail will not be of the pic it contains, so you will probably have to make a small jpeg copy to show what it contains.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 01:29:53 am »

you can have all kinds of files (even those your browser can't display, like psd files) in coppermine with the video hack (look at the mods section), this feature will be built in into cpg1.3.0 (admin settable of course - if you decide not to allow "exotic" file types, coppermine can still be a "regular" image gallery for jpeg and png only).

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.