Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing pictures from other galleries, how?  (Read 2217 times)

anwar5

• Coppermine newbie
Importing pictures from other galleries, how?
« on: May 12, 2009, 05:21:34 am »

Hi, I'm planning on importing my pictures from another gallery (datso, a joomla gallery) to coppermine.
But I have no idea how. I could write a script but I don't know where to start. Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Importing pictures from other galleries, how?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 01:10:40 pm »

Take a look at the database structure of a coppermine gallery to get an idea how the importer would have to look like. There is no formal documentation about the structure, so helping you with that converter would mean doing the job for you, which is beyond scope. To write the converter you'll need good coding skills. If you have those skills, it should be quite self-explanatory what you need to do. If you don't have thise skills, you probably won't be able to accomplish this task. Sorry if this comes off arrogant, but I really can't see how we could possibly help you.

anwar5

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 03:14:18 am »

Not at all man, thanks for replying :) I just thought that maybe there's documentation of some sort. Anyway I'll post my results (and issues) as I go on. If I managed to finish it I hope it could help someone in the future :)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 11:22:40 am »

Good luck with it. Hope to see the results.

Without trying to lead you down any dark alleys there are a couple of convertors from other galleries available on this site. You may be able to modify one of those to work with datso.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,71.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.