Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On request: registered users cannot upload images to public folders  (Read 3742 times)

tofo

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

well, if you say the problem is different, here's the dedicated thread for.

I installed a fresh CPG on a Linux OS and created first a categorie with a public album in it. Then I created a test user within the registered user group, which has upload rights to public folders. Logged out and in, tried to upload to the folder - no way. It is not shown up in the drop down list.

Now, what to do next? No clue. The only way to enable the users to be able is to allow visitors to upload (set in the album properties). I'm concerned about this setting since it may mean that any visitor, not only registered users, may be able to upload images to that folder.

Regards, Thomas

Nibbler

It doesn't mean that. It means anyone who has upload permissions given to them on the groups page may upload there.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

"Visitor" doesn't mean "guest". Please read the documentation.

tofo

• Coppermine newbie

Well, that would mean that I have to set the upload right on a per album base. However, if so, why is there a permission right to be set in the group rights?

Regards, Thomas

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

The setting on the groups control panel is the overall yes/no toggle that you can fine tune on a per-album base. This way, you can allow users to upload to a particular album and disallow them to upload to another. Is this supposed to be a game of "why has Coppermine been designed the way it was designed"? Please don't start playing that game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.