Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Change footer  (Read 5004 times)

daymon74

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Change footer
« on: June 01, 2009, 11:16:17 pm »

I need to change the footer. I have no problem giving credit where credit is due, but I can't figure out how to move that footer to save my life. You can see an example here:

http://www.lighthouse-baptist-church.com/photo-album/index.php
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 11:59:59 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Change footer
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:48:00 pm »

You'll want to start reading about theming your Coppermine. Search the board and your docs.

An upgrade to the latest version would be in your interest too, you are a little behind.

daymon74

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 11:55:18 pm »

Is there an easy way to upgrade? I just installed from godaddy  :-\

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 11:59:40 pm »

I need to change the footer. I have no problem giving credit where credit is due, but I can't figure out how to move that footer to save my life. You can see an example here:
And you are not allowed to post questions how to change the footer. Telling you to change it would mean telling your how to delete it, which is not allowed due to the license coppermine comes with. That's something we will not tolerate discussions about. There have been many postings similar to yours, so please don't re-start the same old argument over. Instead, please read the docs and FAQ.
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#editCopyrights

Is there an easy way to upgrade? I just installed from godaddy  :-\
Read the docs that coppermine comes with. A link to those docs is available on this page as well at the top. When signing up you agreed to respect board rules. One of the board rules says that you're not allowed to post if you haven't read the docs yet.

Locking.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Closed]: Change footer
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 08:38:58 am »

daymon74 obviously doesn't accept a "no" for an answer - he/she decided to PM me (although I haven't asked to be PMed!) with this content:
I read the docs, and that's why I came here. I even saw where the footer CAN BE MOVED http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/theme_copyright.htm

I don't know if you're having a bad day or what, but you shouldn't be so quick to judge.
That's fine if you have read the docs for cpg1.5.x (because that's what you refered to) - try to apply your newly-learned wisdom to cpg1.4.x ::) - you won't succeed.
The policy for editing of the "Powered by Coppermine" footer has (or rather: will) change from cpg1.4.x to cpg1.5.x, but since cpg1.5.x hasn't been released yet and therefor goes unsupported, you'll have to stick with what goes supported: cpg1.4.x. And for that version, you're not allowed to edit nor move the footer, and you're not allowed to ask silly questions. No, I'm not having a bad day, but guess what: you're not the first person to ask that silly question and to molest staff here by sending unsolicited PMs (although board rules as well as my signature clearly say that you mustn't). This thread got locked for a particular reason: we do not want to lead discussions about the footer, that's it. Accept that and stop molesting me or anybody else. Thread remains locked. You get a posting ban for a week (next ban will be permanent).

Instead of trying to figure out how to edit the Powered by Coppermine footer I rather suggest to update your gallery, as you're running behind in version count and are risking to get hacked. Additionally, you have several BOMs shining through your page when it starts loading which usually is being caused by using inappropriate editors. RTFM on upgrading, search the board for previous discussions about byte order marks and keep the footer intact, OK?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.