Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Important step when sanitizing  (Read 2644 times)

neil fitzgerald

• Coppermine novice
Important step when sanitizing
« on: May 08, 2009, 02:27:23 am »

I traced some suspicious requests in my server logs to a malicious php file in my coppermine folder.
Long story short; when I recently had to sanitize my site after a hack, I apparently missed some infected files because while making a local backup of all the files on my webspace, my virus protection was quietly quarantining several files containing viruses. So, these malicious files didn't show up in diff viewer, and I didn't notice and remove them on my site.

This is just to point out the need to keep this in mind when sanitizing. Make sure your virus protection alerts you to incoming threats, or check its logs. Maybe this is worth adding to the very helpful sanitizing thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,51927.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.