Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weird problem with upload: blank pages and no thumbnails on non-specific images  (Read 13298 times)

Ludo

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • E+GiElle

We need to get the basics sorted out first such as being up to the latest revision of coppermine for which this user is a little behind. I'm sure someone of your talents can appreciate the reasons for that.
I completely agree with your "upgrade, first!" support policy. But that's not the actual point!

From there we can then see if it is particular files that are causing the problem rather than coppermine. There are also a few other things we can try before needing an admin account.
There is a misunderstanding going on: I wouldn't have required zonno to provide any account at this point! But if he should (as you required), it should have been an admin, not an user one...

Keep up the good work Ludo.
Thank you.

zonno

• Coppermine newbie

ok, i upgraded and still no go. I can provide an admin account, but i'd rather do that on pm -  i don't want to give access to unwanted people. Can anyone help me then? :)

Ludo

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • E+GiElle

Feel free to PM me with an admin account.
First you should post deep links to troubled files, as Stramm asked, though.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Ludo, thanks for trying to help. However it's not necessary to argue about how to proceed in case of upload problems. We, the dev team, know what to do. And even if batch uploading is an admin thing, it is not necessary in most situations to gain admin access in order to sort problems. So please stay out of this thread now to avoid further confusion.

@zonno
The usual procedure has been written down in the Trouble-shooting the upload process thrad. Other requirements the user needs to fullfill so that supporters are able to help are written down in the docs 4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues (= posting a testuser account). Read 4.11.4 as well Upload troubleshooting . In addition to that deep links to some of the images that have been tried to batch add are necessary (as already pointed out).

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

The usual procedure has been written down in the Trouble-shooting the upload process thrad. Other requirements the user needs to fullfill so that supporters are able to help are written down in the docs 4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues (= posting a testuser account). Read 4.11.4 as well Upload troubleshooting . In addition to that deep links to some of the images that have been tried to batch add are necessary (as already pointed out).

zonno

• Coppermine newbie

i'm a bit confused, are the links ok?
it seems to me they are... your message is a bit cryptic, stramm, can you explain please?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

The links are OK, therefore striked in my quote. I'm just missing the rest... you're supposed to post a testuser account and other stuff. I couldn't check cause I'm not able to login. All has been written down in the links I posted.

especially
Other requirements the user needs to fullfill so that supporters are able to help are written down in the docs 4.11.5 Asking for support on upload issues (= posting a testuser account). Read 4.11.4 as well Upload troubleshooting .

zonno

• Coppermine newbie

http://www.rototomsunsplash.com/pressarea

test / test is a registered user with upload enabled

thanks

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

Looks to me like the php memory_limit is set to small for that huge pics. Reduce the image size (widthxheight) of the pics you try to upload or batch add or increase the memory_limit (reducing size is the preferred solution).

No. 4 in the 'Trouble-shooting the upload process' sticky.

zonno

• Coppermine newbie

i tried reducing a bit the image size and worked.
My question: during the festival photographers will give us standard format pictures for press, which might be very large.
I asked the sysadmin to simply make the memory limit higher. Do you think that using imagemagick could work better on that?

Ludo

• Contributor
  • Coppermine addict
    • E+GiElle

However it's not necessary to argue about how to proceed in case of upload problems.
You should have replied to Joachim: he started arguing, not I.
This being clear, I'm not going to reply to support requests any more, apart from my mods' topics and the Italian section.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

You should have replied to Joachim: he started arguing, not I.
This being clear, I'm not going to reply to support requests any more, apart from my mods' topics and the Italian section.

Sorry for sounding harsh. Still, asking for admin logins is the last possibility a supporter should take into account. That's for your own good. Beeing the culprit if something happens isn't nice at all (even if it's not your fault at all). That's the reason why I tried to stop discussions.

I asked the sysadmin to simply make the memory limit higher. Do you think that using imagemagick could work better on that?
ImageMagick usually is better suited for larger pics. Talk to your host to make sure it can be setup (without restrictions).

zonno

• Coppermine newbie

changing to imagemagick made the difference. Thanks! :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.