Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: [Solved]: larger files give error - small fine (have checked settings)  (Read 5039 times)

Jared5755

• Coppermine newbie

When I try and upload larger images (say 4.20MB and 2448x3264) via the coppermine web upload page I get the message "0 uploads were successful."  Smaller images (450KB and 1280 x 720) work fine.

Here's an overview of my settings:

php.ini
max_input_time -1 -1
upload_max_filesize 10M 10M
max_execution_time 30 30
http://freeridelounge.net/info.php

coppermine config
Max size for uploaded files  10240
Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos  6000   (I made this really high to make sure it's not the problem...will reduce later)
attached image of settings

coppermine group settings
Registered quota 0KB
Admin quota 0KB
attached image of settings

Gallery URL
http://www.freeridelounge.net/gal/
test account
username: test
password: 123456

Debug info for error:
USER:
------------------
Array
(
    [ID] => 427395f1f0e6eaea139eb29215a052de
    [am] => 1
    [lang] => english
)

==========================
USER DATA:
------------------
Array
(
    [user_id] => 63
    [user_name] => test
    [groups] => Array
        (

• => 2

)

[disk_max] => 0
    [disk_min] => 0
    [can_rate_pictures] => 1
    [can_send_ecards] => 1
    [ufc_max] => 3
    [ufc_min] => 3
    [custom_user_upload] => 0
    [num_file_upload] => 10
    [num_URI_upload] => 3
    [can_post_comments] => 1
    [can_upload_pictures] => 1
    [can_create_albums] => 1
    [has_admin_access] => 0
    [pub_upl_need_approval] => 1
    [priv_upl_need_approval] => 0
    [group_name] => Registered
    [upload_form_config] => 3
    [group_quota] => 0
    [can_see_all_albums] => 0
    [group_id] => 2
)

Queries:
------------------
Array
(

• => SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM cpg14x_filetypes; (0s)
  • [1] => select * from cpg14x_plugins order by priority asc; (0s)
        [2] => SELECT * FROM cpg14x_bridge (0s)
        [3] => SELECT user_id, user_password FROM `freerid1_phpb1`.phpbb_sessions INNER JOIN `freerid1_phpb1`.phpbb_users ON session_user_id = user_id WHERE session_id='808f7585914c0453e009c569c8f1cfd5'; (0.001s)
        [4] => SELECT u.user_id AS id, u.username AS username, u.user_password AS password, u.group_id+100 AS group_id FROM `freerid1_phpb1`.phpbb_users AS u INNER JOIN `freerid1_phpb1`.phpbb_groups AS g ON u.group_id=g.group_id WHERE u.user_id='63' (0s)
        [5] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cpg14x_usergroups WHERE group_id in (2) (0s)
        [6] => SELECT group_name FROM  cpg14x_usergroups WHERE group_id= 2 (0s)
        [7] => SELECT user_favpics FROM cpg14x_favpics WHERE user_id = 63 (0s)
        [8] => DELETE FROM cpg14x_banned WHERE expiry < '2009-05-01 12:20:26' (0s)
        [9] => SELECT * FROM cpg14x_banned WHERE (ip_addr='72.129.191.118' OR ip_addr='72.129.191.118' OR user_id=63) AND brute_force=0 (0s)
        [10] => SELECT aid FROM cpg14x_albums WHERE visibility != '0' AND visibility !='10063' AND visibility NOT IN (2) (0s)
        [11] => SELECT aid, title FROM cpg14x_albums WHERE category < 10000 AND uploads='YES' AND (visibility = '0' OR visibility IN (2)) ORDER BY title (0s)
        [12] => SELECT aid, title FROM cpg14x_albums WHERE category='10063' ORDER BY title (0s)
    )

GET :
    ------------------
    Array
    (
    )

Array
    (

[URI_array] => Array
        (

• =>
  • [1] =>
                [2] =>
            )

[control] => phase_1
)

Page generated in 0.034 seconds - 13 queries in 0.001 seconds - Album set : ; Meta set: ;

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:44:02 pm by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: larger files give error - small fine (have checked settings)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:13:48 pm »

Please do exactly as suggested in the docs.

[num_file_upload] => 10
[num_URI_upload] => 3

The reason the ask for these setting to be ass suggested in the docs is because it gives a more precise error message that helps track down these problems.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

Please do not post debug info unless requested to do so, it makes it harder to read a thread and get the info we actually need.

If you try the settings suggested in the docs and upload a large file you might be able to work out what is wrong yourself. There could be many reasons but often it is hard server limits causing the problem. Unless you really need full res pictures online it is better to resize them client side.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Jared5755

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 09:34:49 pm »

Unless you really need full res pictures online it is better to resize them client side.

I plan on resizing.  I will lower the "max width and height" once I get everything working.  This is what you're talking about right?

Ok, so now I'm getting another famous error...and I've read through almost every thread and everything I can find in the documentation that is pertinent.

No file was uploaded !

If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

All settings in php.ini match what docs say (or exceed them, for size limits).  Temporary folder has permissions set to 777.  All those upload folders the docs refer to have permissions set to 777.

My biggest question is, why can I upload a small file but I get this error for big files?

Thanks a lot.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:03:12 pm »

You probably hit the upload_max_filesize limit in PHP. Check what it is set to in Coppermine's phpinfo.php.

Jared5755

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:37:39 pm »

You probably hit the upload_max_filesize limit in PHP. Check what it is set to in Coppermine's phpinfo.php.

Wait a minute, now I'm really confused...

www.freeridelounge.net/info.php   has upload_max_filesize = 10M
www.freeridelounge.net/gal/phpinfo.php  (coppermine's phpinfo.php file)   has upload_max_filesize = 2M

So, why do I have two different setups for php on the same server?  Do I need to refresh the gallery somehow to read the new php.ini?

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 10:43:27 pm »

It's set to 10M because you have a custom php.ini that does that. Perhaps you need to put a copy of that custom php.ini in the coppermine directory also. This all comes down to server setup, not Coppermine configuration so you need to seek support from your host if you can't get the changes to apply. Coppermine doesn't read the php.ini - php does.

Jared5755

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 10:50:50 pm »

Coppermine doesn't read the php.ini - php does.

Ya, I know, that's why this seems really confusing!

It's set to 10M because you have a custom php.ini that does that. Perhaps you need to put a copy of that custom php.ini in the coppermine directory also. This all comes down to server setup, not Coppermine configuration so you need to seek support from your host if you can't get the changes to apply.

That's it!  I put php.ini into the coppermine folder and all is well!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.