Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hiding albums/categories to non-registered users + users not in group  (Read 2863 times)

aresdk

• Coppermine newbie

Hi!

How do I do that?

The FAQ somehow does not apply to 1.2.1 since the hack does not work (not even the code seem the same).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Martin

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

Albums can be hidden, but not categories.

In config, make sure 'users can have private albums' is set to YES.

Now change the properties of each album you want to hide.  You can now see a box 'Album can be viewed by'.

Note, in version 1.2x you also need to have 'show private album icon' set to yes in config, or admin will not see these albums.  In 1.3 they will see all anyway.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

aresdk

• Coppermine newbie

Hi!

All what you wrote is of course done allready. My problem is, that users not allowed to see album x still see a "private icon"... that's not intuitive. I want it to be hidden totally as stated in FAQ :

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php?q=hidePrivateAlbumsLink#hidePrivateAlbumsLink

But my code is not the same. I believe the above applies to 1.1 and not 1.2+.

How to fix this?

TIA

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

Yes, this is a known bug in 1.2.1 and earlier.
It is fixed in 1.3, due out soon.
For a fix to 1.2.1, see this post, http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=758.msg14255#msg14255
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

aresdk

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for your reply, Casper.

I might as well wait for 1.3. I shortly tried the beta... looks _very_ appealing!

Do you have any idea of how short time before it's due?

TIA
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.