Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't see login fields and other fun things  (Read 3051 times)

immzw4

• Coppermine newbie
Can't see login fields and other fun things
« on: April 28, 2009, 05:26:20 pm »

There are just so many things that are wrong, I'm not sure where to start. I inherited a problem (not my install of Coppermine, or my site for that matter) with the gallery here:

http://simplytwilight.com/gallery/index.php

This started with a frantic email that the pictures aren't displaying. Note the thumbnails aren't loading, just a file name that takes you nowhere but a bigger image box with the file name in it. I checked the path to the files and the path is right, and the files are present on the server.

I have searched this board for the past two - three hours and can't find anything to help me. I found that I should turn on debug_mode. If you look, you will notice I can't login as admin because there are no text boxes showing up where the field info is to be typed in. I also can't register, nor can I search the gallery because none of the input fields are displayed. I also can't use any of the tabs that are on the page. Because I can't login as admin, I can't set the debug_mode to on through the web interface, so I don't have any debugging info to post. I am so sorry to have to come here with so little information to help.

As I said, I inherited this issue post-install. I also have almost no experience wtih MySql or PHP, though I do have experience with SQL. I'm not even sure where to start to find out what is wrong so I can fix the problem. I'm used to running the web servers themselves, not the sites that are hosted, so any help that will point me in a general direction for finding out what is happening would be so very appreciated.

immzw4

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Can't see login fields and other fun things
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 05:36:27 pm »

I just wanted to add that Coppermine had been up and running for months and was working just fine. One of the site admins updated a WordPress theme the day before she noticed it was broken.

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 05:36:59 pm »

AT first you're running an outdated version of Coppermine (1.4.19 as the actual is 1.4.21)
update your galery for a start.
second, the login fields are here but the colors of the field and the background are the same and therefore confuse. Make changes in your style.css file
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 05:57:04 pm »

Works for me, see screenshot

immzw4

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 06:23:42 pm »

Thank you both for the responses!  The problem was a redirect (htaccess) file to google, just like in another thread I found this morning but didn't think twice about since I also couldn't log in. Being blind to the boxes being the same white as my background makes me almost too stupid for words.

The issue has been resolved. Again, thank you so much!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 08:32:14 am »

The problem was a redirect (htaccess) file to google
Means that you have been hacked and msut sanitize your gallery. Upgrading is not enough!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.