Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfering Pictures from Gallery2....  (Read 7177 times)

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
Transfering Pictures from Gallery2....
« on: April 24, 2009, 09:02:08 pm »

I used to run Gallery2, but then i found Coppermine and just wondered, I have a few members on there that have their own Galleries, i was just wondering, can I ftp the pictures across and if so how. I have just tried to, using the Batch Add function, it worked but I couldnt add them to the persons Gallery, it only gave me the option to add them to mine. I did try searching, but all my searches came back with couldn't find what i was looking for.

is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

John.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
Re: Transfering Pictures from Gallery2....
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:59:31 pm »

Hi thank you for your message.

I looked on that, and it says it has attached a .txt and zip file with that post, but they arent there anymore. Is there something missing?

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 10:09:01 pm »

Another things I have notived is that my version on Gallery2 is 2.2.1, and it doesnt have a convertor for that version, from what I can see. Is this convertor up to 2.2.4 or just for 2.2.4?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 10:12:08 pm »

Really? That's strange. I can see the attachments just fine, see screenshot.

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 10:40:42 pm »

I'm so sorry, didnt see that.  :-[

I installed it, and added the changes from the gallery2 config.php file, but I get this message

Code: [Select]
Currently we support only MySQL database for importing 
I am not sure what else I am missing.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 10:59:52 pm »

Well, I have never used the converter, but I guess it means that you have used another database than mysql on your menalto gallery. However, coppermine only comes with support for mysql only. This being said: there is no converter available then for your particular setup, so you have to convert your stuff manually.

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 11:44:30 pm »

I use mysql in control panel. So I'm not sure why it should say I'm not using it.

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 11:54:42 pm »

Ok, I found out what it was, in my config.php file, the mysql database for this had a t on the end of it, and I copied it over to the Coppermine folder, I just thought to remove it, and it worked. Problem is, it doesnt give you the option to put it into an existing members gallery, so its just been added, as individual galleries. How do I move them all over now, to that persons gallery? If it can be done. There's 58MBs of pictures. 100's of them.

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 01:19:32 am »

I dont know if this is right, but I am finding it really difficult as admin to edit users albums. The only way I can get to a members album, is through the member list. It doesnt give me any options to move members albums around. Is there something I havent done in the config section, to allow me to do that?

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 01:54:29 pm »

Just discovered a huge cock up, and tried to correct it, and discovered that I hadnt deleted the pictures correctly, because they still remained in the database, so I had hundreds of blank pictures with their information remaining on the site. I also discovered that using that converions tool installs the pictures to the album file. It just looked a mess. In trying to sort it, I have no found that some thumbnails from users pictures have dissapeared, so it doesnt show the pictures. I have basically had to delete all pictures and database info and start all over again.

I I have been looking at your instructions and something sort worries me a bit, you way that the file permissions have to be either 755 or 777, on my host, I cannot have mod_security activated, it conflicts with one of the blogs and CMS I use. This causes a problem with using 777 as a permission. If I just keep it on 755, that is going to cause a problem isnt it? Do I have to change permissions to 777 each time i want to do smoething with the galleries and then change them back?

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 02:05:16 pm »

Please can somebody help me with this. Its getting so frustrating now.

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 06:35:10 pm »

Am I being ignored here? I really need some help, I cannot work out your directions, they are very confusing.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 06:39:10 pm »

No, you are not being ignored and this is not a hotline. Sometimes you may have to await an answer for a day or two. Other times no-one may know the answer so are unable to respond.

In this case I doubt any of the team bar the author of the converter has used Gallery2 and if we have we have not used the converter.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 07:26:02 pm »

Thank you for your message, I really apprecaite it.

The bit that I am having problems with, is once the files have been moved across, how do I move them to the specific members gallery. It doesnt give me the option . Funny thing, I moved 58mbs of pics over to Coppermine, with no problems, it happened in seconds, so the plugin definately works, but its what happens once its on Coppermine that I'm having problems with. There is no option to move the pictures.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 08:32:32 pm »

When you are logged in as admin in admin mode you will see an "edit files" button. It will bring up a list of files. The albums dropdown sets which album each file is to go into. Remember to hit apply changes at the end of each page.

This is going off topic for this thread so I am locking it as you have your initial problem sorted.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.