Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Using admin section to admininster members.......  (Read 7659 times)

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
[Closed]: Using admin section to admininster members.......
« on: April 26, 2009, 02:45:02 pm »

Hi, I have been searching everywhere to find somewhere which gives instructions to administrators on how administrate members. I can find places where it talks about one person administering their own albums, but I just have no idea wwhere to look for administering members. Can sombody help please?

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 12:24:25 am by Joachim Müller »

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
Re: Using admin section to admininster members.......
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 06:17:09 pm »

I'M not asking for somebody to go through the rules, all I'm asking is for somebody to show me where the Documentation, there is very little about admininstrating other members galleries. This has to be one of the most confusing galleries I've come across plus.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 06:46:04 pm »

What do you mean by administering them? As an admin you can go into any users file and move/delete it as you wish. Just open any pic whilst you are logged on as admin and you will see the buttons below each image. It is not rocket science and is all in the docs.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 07:04:23 pm »

I am looking through the documentation now, and its very confusing, I'm sorry to say. Plus you come onto the forum, and it seems sometimes that something needs to be done differently.

I am looking at the categories control panel section, and according to the picture there, it shows all the members that have joined on there. In my gallery, the members that have joined arent in there. I cannot administer them. I dont want seperate Categories, I just want the members to create their own galleries, which is why i havent set up subcategories. So they should show in there. Why dont they show up?

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 07:30:28 pm »

I have 4 members so far, I have a more but I've stopped them joining and adding pictures till I can get this sorted. I have just taken a print scree to show you what my Categories page looks like, its empty. According to the documentation, there should be a list in there of all the members.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 09:03:46 pm »

Your members need to create albums before they will appear. You also need to make sure members are allowed to create their own albums in the groups panel.

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 09:21:04 pm »

Hi, thank you for the message. Two of them have already created an album which arent showing which is why I think I'm having problems moving folders around.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 10:03:37 am »

Folders and albums are different animals. Folders exist on file system level. Albums only exist as a logical container unit. Stop mixing those two terms. Talking about folders is invalid in this aspect. Please use the words we use in the docs.
Not related to initial install, moving accordingly. In the future, please start your threads on the proper sub-boards.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:10:18 am by Joachim Müller »

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 12:30:15 pm »

Ok, I'm sorry, I didnt know this was a permissions problem, again you have taken great delight in taking me to task, and not not done anything to help. What does this have to do with permissions, please kindly explain, so that I dont make the mistake again.

And please, what about the problem I am asking about? 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 05:26:52 pm »

I can't help you, as your question is invalid in the first place. Re-phrase it, using the words used in the docs.
Your initial question was
Hi, I have been searching everywhere to find somewhere which gives instructions to administrators on how administrate members. I can find places where it talks about one person administering their own albums, but I just have no idea wwhere to look for administering members. Can sombody help please?
You haven't said what you actually want to know:
I am looking at the categories control panel section, and according to the picture there, it shows all the members that have joined on there.
No, that's wrong: the categories control panel doesn't show members at all.

In my gallery, the members that have joined arent in there.
Where are they suppossed to be in your opinion: members don't reside inside categories.

I cannot administer them.
What does "administer" mean in this case?
I dont want seperate Categories
Then go ahead and create them
I just want the members to create their own galleries, which is why i havent set up subcategories. So they should show in there. Why dont they show up?
Your users can not create sub-categories nor albums within public categories (public categories are the categories you as admin created). Regular users can only create personal galleries. Create a non-admin test user account, allow your users to have personal galleries (you do so on the groups control panel) and then log out from your admin account. Log in with the non-admin test user account. You'll notice an additional navigation for the logged-in user that is similar to your admin menu, but less powerfull. You'll find one button inside that menu where your users can create albums of their own. This is where they can upload to. If you (as admin) decide to let them upload to albums that you have created within public categories, then you can do that as well. You can not let them create albums within public categories though - that's simply beyond the abilities of the application. Has been asked and answered pretty often already. Still not sure what you mean by saying that you can't administer your users.

again you have taken great delight in taking me to task, and not not done anything to help.
You better review your attitude, it really stinks. What's your impression of me helping you? Do you expect to be spoon-fed? If you're too lazy to read the docs, then send me $500 by wire and I'll read the docs to you over the phone.

This has to be one of the most confusing galleries I've come across plus.
Then stop using the app if you're not happy with it. We don't earn a penny if you use it, so we won't lose a penny if you stop. Like I said: review your attitude. I'm not going to tolerate this any longer - the next silly posting by you will result in a ban.

jakewc2

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 02:49:22 am »

Hey, you know, I have never come across a more abussive attitude as what you have. Frankly, you banning me, I wont miss anything. You have your head stuck for far up your jackbooted arse, I'm supprised you can even breath. I couldnt give a shit if you banned me, go ahead, your fucking gallery isnt worth the fucking time its taken me to try get used to it.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 08:40:19 am »

Banned.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: [Closed]: Using admin section to admininster members.......
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 12:25:05 am »

Closed, locked, re-merged. What a nice person.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.