Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple Batch File Move Between Albums - Drop Down List / Check ALL  (Read 5904 times)

Aeronautic

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Photographer / film maker turned webmeister...

Maybe I've missed this function in the plug-ins, core or in the pages of this sub-board I've read, but here goes.

If I batch add a bunch of files that will end up in an existing album with existing files, I'll first place them in a non-public temp album so I can caption, keyword, etc.

As it sits now, to move them to the final album, one must "edit files" in the album. Then you pick each file, change the album assignment, "apply modifications." With a big batch add (tens of files) this can be tedious and even error prone.

I'd love a file album-to-album move function, or addition to the edit files page (there are several "all" features there already), where you can check a box for select all, and then select a destination album (for 'all' your freshly captioned files), and "apply modifications."

This comes up especially when using the keyword add tool which is terrific but it will change any data on files already in the album - hence the need to go "temp" before final placement. Anyway, thanks for the consideration.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Simple Batch File Move Between Albums - Drop Down List / Check ALL
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 07:02:25 pm »

Valid suggestion imo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.