Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have just installed the latest Coppermine and have a problem.  (Read 2837 times)

woosterbert

• Coppermine newbie

I have just installed Coppermine through Fantastico in my CPanel and I cannot seem to be able to upload images into an album. I went to another computer and was able to join and log on but again could not upload an image. I go through the open then next then another and continue but it just doesnt upload the photograph. I have tried many different images of differing sizes but none will go into the designated folder nor appear in Coppermine.
Can anybody please give me an idea why this is happening please.
Bert

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Re: I have just installed the latest Coppermine and have a problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 10:31:32 pm »

We don't support intallations made with an auto-installer such as Fantastico, you have just dicover one of the reasons.

To read a longer explanation, go to preliminary docs for cpg1.5.x section Auto-installer.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 07:30:51 am »

So, to solve your issue: upgrade as suggested in our docs, turning your crappy Fantastico install into a genuine coppermine gallery. After having done that, the problem mabye has gone away. If that is not the case, read the docs (section "asking for support on upload issues") and do exactly as suggested there.

gottfried

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 06:05:13 pm »

Hi !

I posted a similar problem on 20.4.09 . I made a fresh installation of coppermine 1.4.21 and later i did not see the filenames in the fields, after i choosed the files in the filedialog. The fields stayed blank. But when i made my 5 x choises the upload worked, whereas there could no filenames be seen in the upload filename fields.

I did not use fantastico, just ftp.

Other installations i updated from 1.4.18 to 1.4.21 on the same "strato" package do not have this effect.

gottfried

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 06:15:45 pm »

Oh I beg your pardon !

Another normal reason could  be (happened to me too, in the beginning), that you did not give the right permissions to the group the registered user belongs to (upload allowed) or the album (for everybody use)

:)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.