Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images Not Rotating Based on EXIF Data Like on Desktop Computer  (Read 3335 times)

tgontz

• Coppermine novice

Coppermine is not automatically rotating my images based on EXIF data. Whenever I view any photos that were taken with the camera rotated (portraits) it doesn't matter what program I use to view them on my computer they are always oriented the way I wish to see them (vertical).

However in my gallery they are not rotated. Every photo is presented in landscape mode.

Specs:
Coppermine 1.4.13
GD Version 2.x
These are full resolution 6 megapixel JPEG files. (The large files are so that family can download and print them.) So image sizes in pixels are 3000 x 200 and file sizes are around 3 MB.

I do realize that there is a Rotate function but it does not work. All I get is a blank/white screen/window. I have researched this in the forums and believe that my problem with the Rotate function is my file sizes.

I have "Read EXIF data in JPEG files" set to "Yes" under "Files and thumbnails advanced settings" in "Config." I have even clicked on "Manage exif display" and put a check next to "Orientation."

Am I incorrect in thinking that they should automatically be rotated or is something wrong?

Nibbler

Re: Images Not Rotating Based on EXIF Data Like on Desktop Computer
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 03:27:48 pm »

No, Coppermine doesn't have that feature. You'd need to rotate them yourself before upload.

tgontz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 04:34:11 pm »

Ok. Thank you!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:11:04 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 19 queries.