Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images Not Rotating Based on EXIF Data Like on Desktop Computer  (Read 3339 times)

tgontz

• Coppermine novice

Coppermine is not automatically rotating my images based on EXIF data. Whenever I view any photos that were taken with the camera rotated (portraits) it doesn't matter what program I use to view them on my computer they are always oriented the way I wish to see them (vertical).

However in my gallery they are not rotated. Every photo is presented in landscape mode.

Specs:
Coppermine 1.4.13
GD Version 2.x
These are full resolution 6 megapixel JPEG files. (The large files are so that family can download and print them.) So image sizes in pixels are 3000 x 200 and file sizes are around 3 MB.

I do realize that there is a Rotate function but it does not work. All I get is a blank/white screen/window. I have researched this in the forums and believe that my problem with the Rotate function is my file sizes.

I have "Read EXIF data in JPEG files" set to "Yes" under "Files and thumbnails advanced settings" in "Config." I have even clicked on "Manage exif display" and put a check next to "Orientation."

Am I incorrect in thinking that they should automatically be rotated or is something wrong?

Nibbler

Re: Images Not Rotating Based on EXIF Data Like on Desktop Computer
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 03:27:48 pm »

No, Coppermine doesn't have that feature. You'd need to rotate them yourself before upload.

tgontz

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 04:34:11 pm »

Ok. Thank you!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:11:04 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.