Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Install / Stramm Md Pck / Full Size & Inter Set To Same - Full Size Pop Stil  (Read 6058 times)

Aeronautic

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • Photographer / film maker turned webmeister...

I'm baffled and embarrassed to be asking for help but triple checking and searching the forum has not yielded any clues.

Running:

Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.21 (stable)
Same version of Stramm's Mod Pack
Stramm's Great Shopping Cart Plugin

I've just installed this over the weekend and trying to test things before uploading a bunch of pictures I'm stuck with an issue where despite my settings as follows:

Create Intermediate = yes
Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video * = 485
Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels) = 485
Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height = Yes (Everyone)

With my other CPG install set-up the exact same way on the same server (dif domain) this works as expected - since the max upload value = intermediate value no javascript pop-up link is generated when viewing the intermediate image.

Yet with this new install it does generate the javascript link and an unprotected large file pops up.

It is as if the upload value is being ignored.

I've changed it, re-set it, re-run the admin re-sizing tools, etc.

I posted here because it seems generic to CPG, not to either of Stramm's efforts.

The folder on the server shows the file as uploaded, an orig_, norm_ and thumb version so re-sizing is taking place or (there would be no correctly marked intermediate, of course, and there is.

CPG is just ignoring the max file size criteria.

Yes, I tested turning create intermediate = no and max size for upload to 485. The intermediate displayed on page was full size.

Aeronautic

It is this gallery by the way: http://www.pupandhorse.com/dog-pictures/

The image up is just an outtake test picture.

Aeronautic

Well, in my theme.php file I commented out the javascript call but I would rather know what is wrong, of course.

My code for the commenting out:

Code: [Select]
$pic_html = "<a href=\"javascript:;\" onclick=\"MM_openBrWindow('displayimage.php?pid=$pid&amp;fullsize=1','" . uniqid(rand()) . "','scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,status=no,resizable=yes,width=$winsizeX,height=$winsizeY')\">";
To:
Code: [Select]
            // $pic_html = "<a href=\"javascript:;\" onclick=\"MM_openBrWindow('displayimage.php?pid=$pid&amp;fullsize=1','" . uniqid(rand()) . "','scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,status=no,resizable=yes,width=$winsizeX,height=$winsizeY')\">";
Note please the change is just adding // before the string.

I will test plug-ins on/off too to see if that has any effect but I went to pains during the install to be certain they were installed in the exact same order as they worked on the other site so as to avoid conflicts.

Plug-ins are:

Name Final_Extract2 v1.0     
Name Keywords_add v1.1    
Name Copy /Paste BB Code image url v1.2    
Name Photo Shop v1.4.0    

Aeronautic

Well, I changed the order of the plug-ins, no effect. I turned off all plug-ins (disabled them in configuration - they no longer displayed). No effect.

Yes, I've re-run the admin tools each time I test anything to regenerate all versions of the files. No effect. And it should be said, there are no error messages anywhere.

CPG is just ignoring the max file upload size for display of the fullsize image.

I know I said it above, but to be clear, even if I kill display/create of intermediate images and set the max file size to 485 the whole fullsize file displays on page.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/

I have just tried to see your site withouth success. I don't know how this error in english would be called, but is something similar to: "Too many visitors to this site is causing problems". Anyways is a browser error not a CPG one. So, please test if the link is still live, if it is, post again and I will try again.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en espaņol
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

Max file size for upload is not related to max screen view size as far as I understand. That one picture was 3008px × 2000px which is much bigger than my monitor
No images are truly protected once they have been delivered to a user's browser. If you want your users not to see a large image then downsize before uploading. Or use a copyright mark embedded within the image. You could disable the js function in the scripts.js file, you could maybe define the size of the pop-up window (with all of the large file size info. contained within). however I don't see a need and don't recommend either...

You mention another gallery, there is no link that I can find.  :)

(apologies if this reply is misdirected......my first look was at the board and the info., not the post title)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:40:06 am by i-imagine »

Aeronautic

Thank you both for your responses.

1) The site is alive and well - @Fabricio Ferrero - not sure why you could not reach it - could be network related?
2) @i-imagine - you are correct - however, normal function with Stramm's photoshop plug-in with automatic download delivery requires uploading full sized images. When all works normally, they are never presented live - even the downloads are duplicates run off to size and order. I agree with you that nothing is ever completely safe!  ;)

Finally, I think I've solved the reason for the original post. On my server set-up if I FTP (batch-add) not only must the new folders have their permissions changed but each uploaded file too. It is counter-intuitive because CPG had enough permission to create watermarks and re-size the file to thumbs and intermediate images - yet - once I changed the permissions of the uploaded file the matching max size/intermediate size no big picture (full size) setting was respected! However, now the plug-in is not seeing the correct file size options anymore but I'll take that to a stand alone thread over there.

Many thanks to all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.