Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Internal Script Error when exiting  (Read 2246 times)

jarodsafehouse71

• Coppermine novice
[Closed]: Internal Script Error when exiting
« on: April 16, 2009, 01:17:20 am »

Hi!

I have a visitor that gets an Internal Script Error when trying to leave my scrapbook.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

I've used several different browsers and can not duplicate the error ....

jsh
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:57:05 pm by Joachim Müller »

jarodsafehouse71

• Coppermine novice
Re: Internal Script Error when exiting
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 02:10:42 am »

Here is some additional information she just gave me on the issue:

Internet Explorer Script Error -- an error has occured in the script on this page -- Line 1 Char 1 Error Member Not found Code 0 -- URL: http://www.jarodsafehouse.com/mtwscrapbook/index.php  then it says Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes No (when I click on No it finally closes usually ..... tonight it said "not responding")

Hope someone can help us correct this. Thank you!

Arvy

• Coppermine newbie
    • VIRtech.org
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 04:19:19 am »

Considering the fact that this is a unique single-user non-reproduceable issue, it seems unlikely to have much to do with Coppermine in particular.  If your visitor has recently "upgraded" to MSIE version 8, it's not unusual to see such problems (and others) due to previous version settings not being fully cleaned up during the browser installation process.  If that's the case her best solution is probably a complete RESET.  It's located under the MSIE menu as:  Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 08:37:51 am »

Internal server errors are exactly what the name suggests: errors that happen on your webserver. Only your webserver "knows" what the issue was. The only way to figure out what went wrong is by looking at the server's logs, which is something the webserver admin (i.e. your webhost) can do. In other words: we can't possibly help you.
Internal script errors are different animals though: they are usually caused by JavaScript gone wrong: you use a custom piece of JavaScript (the SLider script) that is not integral part of coppermine; maybe there's something fishy with that.
But, as Arvy pointed out: if the report comes from one single user, just forget about it: you can't solve every PEBCAK issue in the world. Maybe that user turned the level of error reporting and script debugging too high in his browser (happens if people have no clue what they do and get paranoid about security at some stage). If that visitor should return, tell him/her to use a decent browser - that's any other browser than IE, i.e. Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome etc...

I find it quite likely that the server just got overloaded - your index page is quite heavy (too cluttered if you ask me), so if you experience frequent issues, reduce the number of items on your index by turning some detail levels off in coppermine's config.

jarodsafehouse71

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 02:45:53 pm »

Ok, ty!

jsh
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.