Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Adding photos trouble: File uploads but never appears in the album  (Read 2637 times)

orionas

• Coppermine newbie

Suddenly my gallery starting having upload problems. Here is the situation.

I try to upload a file. I select the file and it uploads correctly. In the next page I am prompted to select album and enter description. The thumbnail appears correctly in this page and it is found normally in the edit folder. I enter the details and select album and after I submit I get the following (self-contradicting) error:

The previous file could not be placed.

You have successfully placed all the files.

The funny thing is that the new photo never appears in the album. However, the thumbnail and the photo are created and are valid files in the userpics directory. It seems to me that what's wrong is that although the file uploads normally, it doesn't create the listing in the database. I haven't made any changes to whatever before this problem started. My gallery has been working normally for more than a year. Moreover, I should say that directory permissions are correct, GD2 setp normally (besides, thumbs work) and I have no clue what is going on. Using latest version (upgraded after the problem appeared hoping it would fix it).

Thanks to all in advance for any effort to help.

PS: Gallery URL is http://www.orionas.gr/gallery/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 08:48:32 pm by Nibbler »

orionas

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Adding photos trouble: File uploads but never appears in the album
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 08:10:38 pm »

I found the answer in this post:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,53074.msg258108.html#msg258108

The setting changed completely by itself to the value 1 in my case too. I put it back to a reasonable setting and now it works.

Weird but at least I solved it. Thanks for the answer.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Adding photos trouble: File uploads but never appears in the album
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 09:22:40 am »

The setting changed completely by itself to the value 1 in my case too.
That can never happen: that setting can not change by itself - that would be a miracle. Usually happen if your site get's hacked, so you better ask yourself wether you have been hacked. If there's a slight possibility that you have been hacked, you should sanitize your site as explained in the "Yikes"-thread on the permissions sub-board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.