Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big project: Coppermine Dev Wanted please quote on project  (Read 7650 times)

J-P

• Coppermine newbie
    • Bancroft Wine and Beer
Big project: Coppermine Dev Wanted please quote on project
« on: April 17, 2009, 10:10:50 am »

Hello My name is J-P
I have a rather large project that I am quoting out.
1) Website: www.bancroftwine.com
   This site has a number of sub-sections:
       a)main page (finished)
       b)shop section (www.bancroftwine.com/shop/) made with OScommerce (finished)
       c)forum section (www.bancroftwine.com/forum/) made with PHPbb  (installed)
       d) ** photo section which has yet to be set up; will be set up as (www.bancroftwine.com/photos/)

I would like to have the look and feel of the photo section similar to the online shop.  The same header, background colors and the side bar on the left should have the various categories.

Ok... here comes the catch:
 I have been quoted $450 for a complete integration for the PHPbb side. 
Now, I am looking for something similar for the coppermine side. Understand that this would be a COMPLETE integration.  AKA "a bridge".  When someone logs into any of the mentioned platforms they will also log into all of the others.
  I understand that there will be issues with version changes etc...  if all goes well we will not have to change anything for a number of years.

I can so the server-side install of coppermine (not a problem), I am seeking someone that can work with the source files provided and provide a homogeneous integration of the site. 
   If you are qualified to provide coppermine AND PHPbb support than the contract will be swayed in your way.

The contract is due in aprox 2 months.
Total value:  coppermine + integration (bridging): to be negotiated
                  coppermine AND PHPbb +integration (bridging) aprox: $800
please message me if you have any questions
Thanks
J-P
are you sure about that?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Big project: Coppermine Dev Wanted please quote on project
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 10:30:08 am »

Understand that this would be a COMPLETE integration.  AKA "a bridge".  When someone logs into any of the mentioned platforms they will also log into all of the others.
Your shop (osCommerce) is the user data managing platform, right?

J-P

• Coppermine newbie
    • Bancroft Wine and Beer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 10:35:51 am »

That is correct, but I would like someone who logs into another section directly to be logged into all sections.
example:  if a person habitually goes to the "photo section" and logs in, they are still able to shop online and post in the forums section without logging in again.   The same goes for all sections.
are you sure about that?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 10:41:23 am »

That is correct, but I would like someone who logs into another section directly to be logged into all sections.
example:  if a person habitually goes to the "photo section" and logs in, they are still able to shop online and post in the forums section without logging in again.   The same goes for all sections.
That's the functionality of a bridge ;)
IMO all you need are bridges and fitting themes for coppermine and phpbb. I don't know bridging in phpbb, maybe it's possible by default or have to be coded from scratch.

By the way: I've never written a bridge and never fiddled with bridging. That's why I won't do this job for you.

J-P

• Coppermine newbie
    • Bancroft Wine and Beer
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:47:08 am »

IMO all you need are bridges and fitting themes for coppermine and phpbb. I don't know bridging in phpbb, maybe it's possible by default or have to be coded from scratch.

Ummmm.... that's why I'm looking for someone to help me with this project.  It's a Biggie.  I can do the Flash no problem.. set up the server side no problem... working with scripts... way beyond my skills.
are you sure about that?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 10:59:41 am »

While searching for a osCommerce-phpBB bridge, I found this: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4710/page,55
- Shared account creation. Accounts created in osCommerce are mirrored in phpBB.

If you use this bridge, theoretically you can use the phpBB bridge for coppermine and everything could work as you want it.
I haven't tested it. But if it works this way, I won't spend 800$ for such a 'silly' task! 8)

J-P

• Coppermine newbie
    • Bancroft Wine and Beer
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 11:05:54 am »

The $800 is for bridging AND setting up the themes for coppermine AND phpbb. 
As stated before the bridge between oscommerce and phpbb + the theme = $450

to theme coppermine, phpbb and do the bridging between all three =$800

to theme coppermine only has yet to be determined
are you sure about that?

J-P

• Coppermine newbie
    • Bancroft Wine and Beer
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 11:22:52 am »

Hello,

I think I done the research. I think the method I use will be like this:

- I will use exists bridge between php3 and coppermine (I have it) and create a new bridge between oSC and phpbb3. The hard part will be create the osc and php3 bridge. The bridge will work if new user register, change information, delete account ... I will make use of exists bridge between php2/osc to make my work easier.
- I will create a class to handle the login. The way it will work is:
  + If an user login in to coppermine/phpbb/osc, the class will auto create the login detail for all.
  + If an use already login to one of coppermine/phpbb/osc, the class will check if there is already login data for other part of the site and create it if not exists.

So how do you think about my method?
are you sure about that?

J-P

• Coppermine newbie
    • Bancroft Wine and Beer
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 11:36:06 am »

Hello,

I think I done the research. I think the method I use will be like this:

- I will use exists bridge between php3 and coppermine (I have it) and create a new bridge between oSC and phpbb3. The hard part will be create the osc and php3 bridge. The bridge will work if new user register, change information, delete account ... I will make use of exists bridge between php2/osc to make my work easier.
- I will create a class to handle the login. The way it will work is:
  + If an user login in to coppermine/phpbb/osc, the class will auto create the login detail for all.
  + If an use already login to one of coppermine/phpbb/osc, the class will check if there is already login data for other part of the site and create it if not exists.

So how do you think about my method?
Foulu

Foulu,  I have quoted your message here so we can get a general feel of things from some other developers.
Sorry guys for the double post... I was cutting and pasting, but couldn't edit or delete my previous post. ???

I was thinking of this the other night...
   We already had 1 bridge intact.  Is it not possible to take that script and duplicate some lines and add the appropriate definitions so that is will auto-log into all the platforms?  Its kind of like a little "batch file" that we used to use a long time ago ;)?
Foulu, Don't forget that you will have to save some time to take the photoshop source files and apply them to the coppermine & PHP skins.

If this technical post doesn't belong here please forgive me.
Thanks
J-P

are you sure about that?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.