Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer forum users to gallery users  (Read 9510 times)

bev1970

• Coppermine novice
Transfer forum users to gallery users
« on: April 14, 2009, 09:56:09 am »

Hello

I am very inexperienced so please can you give me an idiot level response to my problem?

Details you asked for:

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and forum:

I have read the cpg documentation, read various threads on here, and have successfully bridged the forum and gallery (at least I got no error messages - I can't see how to tell if it worked other than that).

But I cannot see how to get the user information moved to the Gallery, which was the reason I did the bridging.

Coppermine install: http://www.ebluesband.com/coppermine/
Forum install: http://www.ebluesband.com/comm_station/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2
Forum version: phpBB 2.0.17
Test user account: test_coppermine / 147password

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.ebluesband.com/comm_station/
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../comm_station/ 
Use post-based groups?:  0
Cookie name/preifx (if applicable) /comm_station

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Transfer forum users to gallery users
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 12:21:35 pm »

Did you have any users already in the gallery other than admin? If you did this causes a lot of problems and can take quite a bit of work.

When you bridge you do not move users over but the BBS takes over user registration and logon etc. So when you logon in the BBS you will also be logged on in the Coppermine. Unfortunately you will then be allocated in Coppermin a user ID no based on the BBS. In Coppermine ownership of Albums is based on user ID so that will obviously change.

When you logon do you get redirected to the BBS logon page?

Privide a user account for us so we can check for you.

But before you do all this you will need to upgrade your gallery to the latest release which is currently 1.4.21. This is very important as you are running a hight risk of being hacked.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

bev1970

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 12:34:57 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

I did have two other users but I have now deleted them.  Do I have to do the bridging thing again now there is only me as the admin user on the gallery?

I am afraid I don't know what you mean by the second paragraph - do you mean that when you log in to the forum you will also get logged on to the gallery or vice versa or something else?

About upgrading from coppermine 1.4.20 to 1.4.21 - does that affect the details I have in the gallery now?  How do I do that?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 04:04:20 pm »

Bridging isn't enabled on your site. Enable it to see the results.

bev1970

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 09:08:58 am »

OK thanks, I just did that - I don't know how I missed that step.

However, now when I log in to the Gallery, I get logged in and transferred to the forum site...  I've tried to go back to the gallery - there is no direct link so I type in the gallery url - and I am not logged in there.  I log in there and I'm back on the forum...

What am I missing now please?

And another question... Can I put a link on the forum index to the gallery and my main site domain?

Thanks for your help here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 09:19:19 am »

What am I missing now please?
That's expected behaviour. Add a link to your bridging app's navigation that allows the visitors of your site to return to the gallery once they logged in. You get redirected to http://www.ebluesband.com/gallery/ although your gallery resides at http://www.ebluesband.com/coppermine/, so you get a 404 error on redirection.

And another question... Can I put a link on the forum index to the gallery and my main site domain?
Yes, you can. However, we do not provide support for the forum software you run, so we can not tell you how to accomplish this in detail (simply because we don't know). Additionally, we have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up.

Fix your issues first: bridging does not work for you. After logging into your forum, you're not recognized on coppermine-driven pages.

bev1970

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 09:29:44 am »

That's expected behaviour. Add a link to your bridging app's navigation that allows the visitors of your site to return to the gallery once they logged in. You get redirected to http://www.ebluesband.com/gallery/ although your gallery resides at http://www.ebluesband.com/coppermine/, so you get a 404 error on redirection.

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean by this.  Which is the bridging application in that context?  Is that a solution you are giving me, or re-stating what the problem is to show you get what I mean?

Quote from: Joachim
Yes, you can. However, we do not provide support for the forum software you run, so we can not tell you how to accomplish this in detail (simply because we don't know). Additionally, we have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up.

Sorry, I missed that bit - I'll go to my forum support and I wont double question again.

Quote from: Joachim
Fix your issues first: bridging does not work for you. After logging into your forum, you're not recognized on coppermine-driven pages.

Again, is that the problem or are you offering a solution that I don't understand?

I did say I needed idiot level response, so thanks for your patience here!
[/quote]

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 09:39:28 am »

Urm, what? Your forum is redirecting to a folder that doesn't exist for reasons that I have no clue about. Please try this first: unbridge temporarily, log in as coppermine admin into coppermine, go to config, check the entry "URL of your coppermine gallery folder" (needs to be set to http://www.ebluesband.com/coppermine/), save your changes, re-bridge and try logging in again: as far as coppermine is concerned, this should fix your redirection issues. If you still get redirected, there's something fishy with your forum, with which I'm not familiar with.

bev1970

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 11:46:53 am »

Thanks for this - I see I had called my coppermine gallery www.ebluesband.com/gallery rather than the www.ebluesband.com/coppermine

I used the direct URL from the documentation http://www.ebluesband.com/coppermine/admin.php to disable the bridging, then changed the wrong URL to the right one.

Then I went back and re-bridged, but I still have problems.

Now when I log in on coppermine gallery, I get the forum log in page, then it lets me log in there and redirects me successfully back to the coppermine gallery.  Half ok.  But then I am not logged in to the Gallery - I still have the Home/Login options, and I have no access.  I am however logged in to the forum if I look separately at that page.

What is wrong now?

bev1970

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 11:49:33 am »

Just thought, my admin access should be my normal log in name, right?  I have my ID on there as bev with admin rights.

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 02:07:44 pm »

Cookie name/preifx (if applicable) /comm_station

That's not right at all. Your forum's cookie name is phpbb2mysql (the default) so that is what you need to put there.

bev1970

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 05:56:12 pm »

Thanks Nibbler - I just changed that cookie path to what you put.

But I still have the same problem where I get diverted back to the forum (I see you call that BBS here?) and don't get logged in to the gallery.

But now at least Phil's post starts to make more sense to me:

Quote from: Phill Luckhurst
Did you have any users already in the gallery other than admin? If you did this causes a lot of problems and can take quite a bit of work.

When you bridge you do not move users over but the BBS takes over user registration and logon etc. So when you logon in the BBS you will also be logged on in the Coppermine. Unfortunately you will then be allocated in Coppermin a user ID no based on the BBS. In Coppermine ownership of Albums is based on user ID so that will obviously change.

When you logon do you get redirected to the BBS logon page?

Privide a user account for us so we can check for you.

But before you do all this you will need to upgrade your gallery to the latest release which is currently 1.4.21. This is very important as you are running a hight risk of being hacked.

I just don't know what to do next - please help?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 06:04:24 pm »

You are not suppossed to change the cookie path. The cookie path and the cookie name are two different animals. Since you changed so many things back and fro, post once more the bridge details as per sticky thread. Make sure that your data is acurate.

bev1970

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 06:10:28 pm »

OK this is what I have - its thrown me who I should listen to though - should I change the cookie name/prefix back to /comm_station ?

As I said it made no difference to thr issue I was having.  I'll back up tonight when I get home either way and do the upgrade to 1.4.21

Coppermine install: http://www.ebluesband.com/coppermine/
Forum install: http://www.ebluesband.com/comm_station/
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.20
Forum version: phpBB 2.0.17
Test user account: test_coppermine / 147password

BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.ebluesband.com/comm_station/
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../comm_station/ 
Use post-based groups?:  0
Cookie name/preifx (if applicable) /phpbb2mysql

Nibbler

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 06:21:31 pm »

It's not a path it's just a name. Remove the slash from the start. Should be just phpbb2mysql.

bev1970

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 09:37:54 am »

It worked!!   :D

That was my fault - I put cookie path because the example had /cookie name so I thought it was a path.  Once I removed the / it moved all the users over!  When I log in now I see all the users there and it directs me to the BBS log in screen but once in I am put back to the gallery.  I am very happy!

But... always a but.... now when I log in as the administrator on the Groups control panel, I don;'t have the create new group button - I want to do that to allow diffferent access for comments etc.

Is there any reason that is gone?  Should that be a separate question/topic here and should I mark this bridging issue as solved?  I've no problem doing that if you prefer.

Thanks so much for the help to get to this point! 

bev1970

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 09:47:42 am »

I found an answer in another topic here http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,58434.0.html and enabled the post based groups so I can now see create new group button.

I've done that and created a new group but now I can't see all the users.............

I know this should be a separate topic now so can you split it for me?

bev1970

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 09:50:57 am »

I am annoyed at myself - I didnt do the enable bridge manager again.   :-[

Please ignore that last post.

Everything now works.  I am very happy!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 10:54:54 pm »

Marking thread and locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.