Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Theme Integration Problem  (Read 3531 times)

mattw89

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Theme Integration Problem
« on: April 13, 2009, 09:00:59 pm »

Hello All.

First off, let me give you a link for you to see my problem prior to my explanation.  www.matthew-walker.net/gallery

Many years ago (actually only 2), a friend implemented coppermine within my blog.  I've not updated my blog at all and decided to restart it, however there seems to be some issues with coppermine and how it looks.  Obviously its no problem with the software itself, more just by own naivety and lack of coding knowledge to fix it.  This is where I can hope you help.

If you check the link, you will notice that the footer saying coppermine etc. overlaps past the content area.  Furthermore, if you click an image, the slideshow bar and all that goes way past the content making it look messy.

I have no clue how to even begin to fix this.  But basically I want coppermine to understand that the content area ends at some point etc.  The general layout of it all and spacing is messed up and its better explained if you check out the link.

If you could take the time to just give me some pointers on how to address the issue you i'd be ever so greatful.

Regards,
Matthew Walker
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 10:29:37 pm by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Theme Integration Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:24:53 pm »

Try the following:

1) Change 'Width of the table for file display' setting from 600 to 100% in config.
2) Reduce the 'Number of items in film strip'  from 5 to 4.
3) You have 2 'powered by coppermine' footers, remove the one that's been added manually.

mattw89

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:09:43 pm »

Cheers Nibbler for the fast reply.

I'm going to do them now while I think on!  I'll see how it goes.

However just a quick question.  I'm assuming 1 and 2 will be in general admin config, but in regards to moving the one thats been added manually.  What file do I edit for this, where would that be and how would I know which is manual?

Thanks mate  :)

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:12:12 pm »

It's in your theme's template here: themes/mwdotnet/template.html

mattw89

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:20:17 pm »

FANTASTIC! 

Lol, just wanted to tell you how greatful I am and capitals usually makes people shout the word so hopefully that gives you a rough idea :P

Usually when I have problems with these 3rd party software It takes me forever to find fixes and I end up getting hung on little details for ages.  But what was a major problem 20 minutes ago has now been fixed with ease.  Theme settings I always fear. 

Those 3 things you told me were the exact right thing to do and worked to perfection.  Don't think theres repping or anything but thanks ever so much, has helped me :)

[SOLVED] :p

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 10:29:28 pm »

Great. Marking as solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.