Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone help a lost soul  (Read 3521 times)

Trout

• Coppermine newbie
Can someone help a lost soul
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:20:27 pm »

I keep getting this message when I am trying to up-load new paintings to my web site   ???  www.bdfarris.com/Gallery        I have contacted my host server, who states the problem is with soft ware.   I have read through the FAQ that I could find and have been unable to locate anyone else with complaint or a fix.    If you can help, please let me know. 

Critical error
Destination directory albums/userpics/ is not writable by the script !

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Re: Can someone help a lost soul
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 11:48:58 pm »

Code: [Select]
<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.10 (stable)-->You must upgrade ASAP! You're in risk to be hacked!
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en espaņol
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Trout

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 01:01:39 am »

sorry but this did me no good.   I guess I am too stupid....   I have no idea what permissions are or how to get to them.     I have no idea how to up grade.... is there an easier program to use out there, or some one who is willing to speak to me?   

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 01:18:10 am »

Neither suggestions are hard to do, all you need to do is follow the instructions. However you need to upgrade your gallery before it gets hacked as Fabricio suggests or maybe that's the problem. Here's the very simple instructions for upgrading - http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#14.

My question is did you do the actual installation, have someone else do it or did you use a hosting account automatic installer?
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

Trout

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 01:21:32 am »

I was in the middle east with the Army and someone else did it for me.   I have no idea what I am doing.   

Thank you though for your help,  I will read the link you sent out. 

Trout

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 01:25:59 am »

I have no idea what any of this means.....   I need to pay someone to do this,  do you recommend anyone? 

3.1.3 Upgrading from cpg1.4.0 or better to version cpg1.4.21
First, make a backup (dump) of your database.
Backup your include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file and your "albums" directory.
Unpack the archive
Except for the "albums" directory, upload all of the new files and directories making sure not to overwrite the include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file or the albums directory.
Run the file "update.php" in the coppermine directory once in your browser (e.g. http://yourdomain.tld/coppermine/update.php). This will update your coppermine install by making all necessary changes in the database.
If you have made a custom theme, apply the changes that were introduced in the themes structure to your custom-made theme - refer to the theme-upgrade guide.
Please note: as there have been changes both in the coppermine files and the database from cpg1.4.0 or better to cpg1.4.21, users of older versions than cpg1.4.21 will have to apply all steps mentioned above: both the files have to be replaced and the update.php script has to be run once.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 01:51:42 am »

While many of us would do it it is far better for you to learn how to do it. If you don't you could find yourself repeatedly paying someone to do the work.

You best bet if you really want to pay is to post your request and budget etc on the paid/freelancres board on this site and as well as getting your site upgraded, get them to talk you through it. That way you will get value for money, gain a few skills and be well placed to do things in the future.

Upgrading really is simple. If you can read and can copy files from a to b then you can do it.

As I said, post your request through the link below and I am sure someone will help you.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,30.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 02:22:17 am »

After 4 minutes of reading! I agree with Phil and post on the paid board. You will still need the login and passwords to your hosting account and database so before posting please make sure you have these handy (but do not post these on the board!).
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.