Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'max_user_connections'  (Read 3177 times)

jenniferlindgren

• Coppermine newbie
'max_user_connections'
« on: April 09, 2009, 07:14:38 pm »

hi, this is my first post. i've used the search-function and tried to find what i'm looking but found topics that couldn't help me.

my website (twilightsweden.se) has been working totally fine until yesterday when i uploaded a lot of images to the gallery. since than this text always comes up:

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: User twilightsweden_ already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

i'd appreciate really much if you could try helping me solve this. what should i do?

thanks!

jenniferlindgren

• Coppermine newbie
Re: 'max_user_connections'
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:16:43 pm »

and a strange thing is that the site sometimes works...

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:22:52 pm »

Your (presumably cheap) webhost has limited the number of connections you can have open to the database at a time. When your site gets busy you will have this error. You need to talk to them about getting the limit increased or search the board for a posted workaround involving multiple accounts which may help.

jenniferlindgren

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 09:39:37 pm »

Hey,

I'm sorry to bother you guys again.

I've been put in quite a misery position. The thing is- when I contact the supporters of my webhost they say that since my gallery is a running Coppermine Gallery- I should contact you. And when I write here I'm recommended to contact my webhost... ::)

I have had my image gallery (twilightsweden.se/galleri) temporarily shut down for about 5 days. No one is able to enter it except me. The main site works perfectly fine but when I decide to log log in to try my gallery, the "max_user_connection"-thing directly pops up (even though I'm the only one visiting it). I can admit, I'm using a very cheap webhost (one.com) but I have never had those problems before and I have always had about the same amount of in-coming trafic.

I'm starting to think that maybe there's something strange going on, a bug for example, in the Coppermine-script.

I read that when you're experiencing things similar to this, you are allowed to post the "debug info" so that you can check for errors. Maybe I should do that? :P

I hope this entry is okay! And thank you for taking your time reading it.

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 09:44:57 pm »

The login page seems fine to me. Clear your browser cache.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 09:18:51 am »

The error message you get comes from mysql and just shows through in coppermine. It's a lame excuse of your webhost if they tell you that you should look for support here: we simply can't help you to fix issues with your database. Send them to this thread if you want, I'm ready to take it up with them. However, you usually get what you pay for, so my guess is that you're on budget webhosting or free webhosting. According to a whois lookup you appear to be hosted by one.com, but I have no idea about the webhosting plan they offer. It's quite likely that the small print of your webhosting contract contains a limitation in maximum concurrent connections, so you can't actually name this a bug, but expected behaviour. There is little advice we could give except talking to your webhost, spending a few more bucks to improve your webhosting plan or find another webhost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.