Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with poor image quality..  (Read 2644 times)

fbk

• Coppermine newbie
Problems with poor image quality..
« on: August 22, 2004, 04:24:08 pm »

Hi there  :D

Problems have started appearing with images in which i have uploaded to my galleries over the past few months, i thought it was the pc i was on or the way that i have uploaded the files, but it appears everyone is seeing the same poor quality of uploaded images.

What happens,

The thumbnails appear as black or as 2 tone colour images (very poor)
-
the person then click on the image and the thumb is replaced by a poor bigger image
-
the person then clicks on the poor bigger image and it is great quality photo again.

I find it is strange. Check it out at www.fbk.be/gallery/

Most of the galleries here are the same problem, i have tried to fix it by batch upload to ftp, xp publish, individual upload but i can not fix it, with the niagara falls photos i have tried both 800X600 and 640X480 size and nothing will work.

Help needed.

Cheers
Chris
 ;D

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Problems with poor image quality..
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 04:32:13 pm »

Hi Chris,

this is usually a problem caused when the host ugrades GD from version 1 to 2, without telling users.
If you are using GD1, try changing the setting to GD2.  If this fixes it for new images, you will then have to rebuild the bad pics using the re-size utility.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.