Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media RSS for Google Profile  (Read 5708 times)

auburnham

• Coppermine newbie
Media RSS for Google Profile
« on: April 09, 2009, 02:06:04 am »

I am using the Easy RSS plugin with Coppermine with the rss.php mod here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,44162.msg210132.html#msg210132, which allows the Media RSS feed to work with the Google Photos Screensaver.  However, I would also like to link my Coppermine Media RSS feed to my Google profile.  When I try to do this, Google says it can't find any feeds.  On the other hand, if I pick a random Flickr Photostream Media RSS feed, it is able to find the feed without a problem.  I've compared the structure of the two files, and made some changes to try to match the Flickr format, but I'm still not able to get Google to recognize the feed.  Has anyone else run into this problem, or has anyone else been successful linking their Coppermine Media RSS feed to their Google Profile (or Reader for that matter)?  Can anyone offer some suggestions, or ways to troubleshoot this?
Thanks,
Shawn

auburnham

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Media RSS for Google Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:07:51 pm »

I've done more research and found that a Media RSS file that has these headers works:
Code: [Select]
Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=99
Connection: Keep-Alive
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: application/rss+xml; charset=utf-8
However, somewhere in coppermine the following additional headers are added:
Cache-Control: private
Content-Encoding: none
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
I've searched through the coppermine code and I can't find any reference to these headers.  Can anyone offer some clues about where I could find these headers set, and if it might be possible to remove them?  I've integrated coppermine with SMF, so I'm going to search to SMF files next.

Shawn

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:24:35 pm »

Those extra headers are added by the webserver, not Coppermine.

auburnham

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 08:20:49 pm »

I've traced the headers to SMF, which I'm using for authentication.  Is there any way to clear all headers and start over with just:
header ("content-type: application/rss+xml; charset=utf-8");I've tried ob_clean(); but it does not help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.