Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Bug/Crawler problem?  (Read 1983 times)

LL84

• Coppermine newbie
[Solved]: Bug/Crawler problem?
« on: April 06, 2009, 12:07:36 am »

Hi. I'm running a slightly older version of Coppermine on a heavy traffic website and today apparently had someone run a crawler through the gallery, causing the PHP code to blow up and bring the gallery down and the website on the same server with it. The high activity/crawler seems to have just exposed some sort of a bug with Coppermine, so I'm curious if the latest version prevents this/has a fix for this? If so we will upgrade. Times have been crazy and we just haven't had the time to upgrade yet, but if the new version can prevent this from happening then I'll get right on it. I'm asking though because I don't want to waste time upgrading only to have the same thing happen again. Thank you so much for any help in this matter.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 09:23:29 am by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Bug/Crawler problem?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 12:27:12 am »

Upgrade now. There are some security holes in older versions that are actively being exploited right now so unless you want to be caught with your pants down upgrade this very second. It really isn't that hard and shouldn't take long.

As an aside, I saw an instance similar to yours last week. It turned out that a hacker had got in and set up an ebay phishing site on that server. The resulting load is what took down that server and the logs looked like the site was being excessively crawled at first glance.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

LL84

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Bug/Crawler problem?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 04:28:29 am »

Oh fantastic, lol. Will get right on it then. Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.