Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I disable the FULLSIZE image being displayed  (Read 2445 times)

jcalvert

• Coppermine newbie
How can I disable the FULLSIZE image being displayed
« on: April 04, 2009, 08:16:04 pm »

First, I am new to Coppermine but have read most of the docs. and searched the FAQs on this.

I am in a photography club where some members do not like the fact that the FULLSIZE image can be displayed (and then copied) when we click on the intermediate size image.  How can I disable the displaying of FULLSIZE images.

I suspect a hack to displayimage.php might work but don't want to start messing it up.
I hope there is a simple option to turn off somewhere.

Thanks
Jim Calvert

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Re: How can I disable the FULLSIZE image being displayed
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:37:34 pm »

Set the normal and full size pictures with the same values and that will do the trick ;)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

jcalvert

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 10:15:22 pm »

Set the normal and full size pictures with the same values and that will do the trick ;)
Thanks for the note but I may not understand where/how you mean this to happen.
Are you suggesting that I resize all of the fullsize images currently in the Albums down to the intermediate size.

or, do you mean there is an option in the Configuration section of the Gallery to do this.  If so , I cannot find anything there to resize all the full size images.

Please explain further.
Thanks
Jim Calvert

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 09:11:19 am »

Let's say that the max size your visitor should be able to see is 800 pixels. Then go to coppermine's config and set
  • "Create intermediate pictures" to "no"
    This way, the full-size image will be used on the displayimage screen as well
  • "Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video" to "800"
    This will take care of the resolution you will see of the embedded pic on the displayimage screen
  • "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" to "800"
    This would result in an error message if your users tried to upload images with a bigger resolution if you disabled the next option "Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height" to "No". However, if you set "Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height" to yes, all uploads will be resized to what you have set in "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)"
  • "Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height" to "Yes:Everyone"
    As suggested above, you need to set this to "Yes" to make sure that users don't get an error message when uploading bigger pics than they're suppossed to. Coppermine will then resize the images on the server if needed

After applying those settings and testing them by uploading some new pics, you need to apply those settings for the existing pics as well: go to admin tools in coppermine's admin menu and choose "Update thumbs and/or resized photos" with "Both thumbnails and resized pictures" and loop through all files in your database.

Above mentioned settings are the most efficient ones, as they safe as much file space as possible and make it impossible for visitors to get the full-sized images in larger resolutions. Just keeping everything as it is right now and just disabling the link from intermediate (embedded) image to the full-size pop-up is technically possible as well but can easily be circumvented by visitors who know their way around.

jcalvert

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 03:16:38 pm »

Thank you Joachim,
This is a very positive solution.  I was hoping to not have to resize all the existing images but that's life and there is the utility to do it.

Thanks again
Jim Calvert
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.