Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Upload not working  (Read 4245 times)

Ryan C

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Upload not working
« on: April 03, 2009, 07:31:57 am »

I am trying to do a batch upload. I will click on folders which are CHMOD to 755 and I will get a white screen. I do have about 1,000+ pics in there. I was able to access and upload with it before when I had 1000+ files in another folder. I have no clue on what I am doing wrong.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch Upload not working
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:42:49 am »

Documentation: Asking for support on upload issues
Additionally, post a deep link to one of the files you're having issues with

According to the screenshot your URL is http://completebordom.com/gallery/
You run cpg1.4.19 there, although the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.21. Upgrade immediately.

[Edit:] Fixed version numbers that I typed in two times in error [/Edit]
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:20:51 am by Joachim Müller »

Ryan C

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:46:36 am »

I have read the documentation, I dont see anything that looks like my issue. I am able to access other folders with almost the same about files in them but its just 2 or 3 that I am not able to access

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 08:13:00 am »

I have read the documentation
Read it again. As Joachim suggested, read this: Asking for support on upload issues

And also, upgrade before posting.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Ryan C

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 08:16:53 am »

He said I am running 1.4.19 and to upgrade to 1.4.19. Why do I need to upgrade if I am running the same version? But I have been looking thru this documentation for a few hours and I dont see anything that relates to me getting a white screen or not being able to look at what I am uploading. The only thing closest is not being able to upload because of an error code, but the thing is I dont get any error codes

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 08:28:59 am »

He said I am running 1.4.19 and to upgrade to 1.4.19. Why do I need to upgrade if I am running the same version?
Sorry, that was a typo. I fixed it in my original posting, please re-read.

But I have been looking thru this documentation for a few hours and I dont see anything that relates to me
Really? That's amazing. Let me quote from the docs:
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
So, let's look into this section in detail. It says
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site
you haven't done so, but I did. OK, done (sort-of). Let's go on:
When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post[...] a test user account
Where is it? Can't spot it. OK, let's go on: you are probably saying "but I don't have issues with http uploads - they work as expected for me. I have issues using batch-add". But wait a minute, here's another section:
the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, [...] no matter what upload method you have troubles with
It's really frustrating, having to rub that little section into the eyes of a poster - it's not too much asked imo to expect people to read those two little paragraphs after having been told twice to read it.

Also, I posted even more instructions:
Additionally, post a deep link to one of the files you're having issues with
Can't spot the place where you did that.

Do exactly as suggested or find support somewhere else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.