Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Turned Down]: uBB  (Read 6115 times)

the_unknown

• Coppermine newbie
[Turned Down]: uBB
« on: April 01, 2009, 01:28:51 pm »

Is there any known bridge for coppermine and uBB.threads by any chance?

unforntunatly coding is beyond me so yer at most i can provide is a running (latest version) of uBB (for testing purposes)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 09:42:45 am by Joachim Müller »

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: uBB
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 02:47:39 pm »

the_unknown

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 11:46:41 am »

I did use a search actualy and i have already read that post prior and dismissed on several counts

while a similar name uBB.Classic is a MUCH older version and uses pearl from memory so is essential totally different software (it'd be like comparing windows 3.X to well anything newer)
secondly there is nothing of any help there :(

due to the size of the gallery i'm currently running i'd much rather stick with coppermine as it suit's what i want in terms of an image gallery but yer

no matter

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 01:09:49 pm »

There are countless requests from people who ask for particular bridge files to be written. We can't do that: as suggested in the preliminary docs for cpg1.5.x, here's why:
Creating a custom bridge file

In theory, coppermine could be bridged with all forms of third party applications that have a user management/authentification. There are thousands of applications available that could be potential candidates. Just because of the sheer number of possible bridges, but as well because of other restrictions (non-free software, lack of time, lack of need), the coppermine devs can not come up with a huge number of bridge files. That's why there is only a comparatively small number of bridge files available. If you are looking for a bridge file for another application that is not being covered by the bridge files that come with coppermine out-of-the-box, you're welcome to search the coppermine support board if there already is an existing user-contributed bridge, or (even better) you're encouraged to come up with a bridge file of your own and publish it on the board. We (the coppermine dev team) have to rely on user contributions for most potential bridge candidates.

Sadly, there is no particular piece of documentation available (yet) that explains how to create a custom bridge file, so the best method to create your custom bridge file is to look at existing bridge files and modify one to fit your needs.
In other words: if you need a bridge for your app, create one or ask the community to create such a bridge. The coppermine devs probably will not create a bridge for you, so there's little point to request it.

the_unknown

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 04:07:26 am »

Where do you suggest i request help then?

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 05:43:55 am »

In the app creator's support forum of course. Google it.

Locking.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 09:42:17 am »

Preferably you should look at your front porch. Ah, you probably can't, as you claim to come from Antarctica, so it must be getting winter for you now.
I guess you need to visit http://www.ubbcentral.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.