Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Classic, want to change colors only  (Read 3191 times)

neparker

• Coppermine newbie
Using Classic, want to change colors only
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:10:51 pm »

I am a new coppermine user, I am using the classic template, and the only thing I want to do is change the colors to match my website.
Can someone guide me to the right place to find this information or tell me what where to go and what to do next?  Thanks.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Using Classic, want to change colors only
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:17:59 pm »

Most of the colours are in the style.css file and if you use firefox with the firebug plugin they could not be easier to find.

http://getfirebug.com/

Once installed you can see and change any aspect of your site and test those chages live without actually messing around with the code. Simply open your site, click the little bug in the bottom right corner and then press the inspect button. Now when you move the mouse pointer over the site it highlights each different region, click on the one you wish to change and you will see all of its css in a little window on the right. You can then edit the css to your hearts content and see the differences it makes. It also shows you which line of code in the real file you need to edit so once you have worked it out you can then edit the real style.css file and make the changes to your site.

There are some exceptions as some of the backgrounds for some templates are images. You will finde these in the templates folder and you can edit them in any art package.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

neparker

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 11:47:00 pm »

Is this what I'll use as well to edit and change the colors or do I need to do that somewhere else? 

Most of the colours are in the style.css file and if you use firefox with the firebug plugin they could not be easier to find.

http://getfirebug.com/

Once installed you can see and change any aspect of your site and test those chages live without actually messing around with the code. Simply open your site, click the little bug in the bottom right corner and then press the inspect button. Now when you move the mouse pointer over the site it highlights each different region, click on the one you wish to change and you will see all of its css in a little window on the right. You can then edit the css to your hearts content and see the differences it makes. It also shows you which line of code in the real file you need to edit so once you have worked it out you can then edit the real style.css file and make the changes to your site.

There are some exceptions as some of the backgrounds for some templates are images. You will finde these in the templates folder and you can edit them in any art package.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 01:05:06 am »

After discover what line or value should be edited you have to edit the CSS file with a text editor as notepad.exe or Notepad ++ .

Please, when you have general and easy question not directly related with coppermine, Google is your friend!  ;)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 09:07:57 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.