Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Upload is working for most users. Some users however cannot upload  (Read 3709 times)

craig001

• Coppermine newbie

We have been running Coppermine for 3 months or so and all is well. Most users are able to upload photos without problems.We have 2 users who, no matter what we try, cannot upload photos. They are in South Africa and we are in Australia. I have not seen their specific error reports but do have a copied log of the debug output. I am thinking that their ISP is somehow not allowing them to upload but maybe I'm way off the mark here.I registered as a non admin user and tried to upload photos----no problems experienced.Only these 2 users cannot upload and they belong to the same group as everyone else.
Test user: support
Password: support
Login at: http://www.braggingrights.com.au/sharing/login.php
Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:50:33 am by Joachim Müller »

craig001

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Upload is working for most users. Some users however cannot upload
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 06:41:37 am »

Thanks for those who have tried to upload photos. As you can see, the installation is working(you were able to upload photos) but there are some users who still cannot get photos onto the site(no matter what we try).

Still looking for an answer to this puzzle.

Thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 07:54:55 am »

Regular http uploads work as expected (see http://www.braggingrights.com.au/sharing/displayimage.php?pos=-54). Maybe those users make a mistale (e.g. trying to upload a renamed BMP or trying to upload an image in CMYK instead of RGB comes to mind), but there's a lot of other things that might go wrong, so it's hard to figure out what they do. Make them download a known-good test image from your site (or send them one by email), then ask the to upload it. This way, you can rule out that there is something fishy with the image in itself.
You need to upgrade to cpg1.4.21, as you have cpg1.4.20, see http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,58309.0.html

craig001

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 08:53:37 am »

The image http://www.braggingrights.com.au/sharing/albums/userpics/thumb_yellow_008.jpg is a photo that they tried to upload from their computer---this proved unsuccessful. They emailed us the photo and we could upload it without any issues.So maybe the issue is caused by something else. I have noticed, that on the  users comments, the IP address is (41.9.181.113 [196.207.35.246]). This is unusual in that most other comments by other users, the IP address is 1 group of digits e.g. 119.11.25.71. Is this significant?
I will update as soon as possible.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 10:44:10 am »

Different IP addresses per user usually indicate the use of a proxy. Can of course be related. Are the users who can't upload behind a proxy, i.e. are the users who have upload issues the ones who's IP address shines through as you explained?

craig001

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 11:14:41 am »

The users IP is 41.9.181.113 [196.207.35.246] as recorded in the comments section of Coppermine. Is that what you asked for?

craig001

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 02:55:24 am »

I seemed to have resolved the issue( 1 user is able to upload and the other will try again and let me know). User had proxies enabled in Internet Explorer LAN settings.This was not a requirement instituted by their ISP and so we disabled proxy browsing and VOILA, she was able to upload her photos.
Thanks to all for trying to assist.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 08:50:22 am »

So this boils down to PEBCAK, as expected... Marking thread as solved.

craig001

• Coppermine newbie

What is PEBCAK?

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl

Google is your friend.

*locking*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.