Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Footer Tag "Powered by Copp..." - How to Edit & Change?  (Read 3140 times)

davelp

• Coppermine newbie

Hey guys,

I recently installed version 1.4.21 and everything works with. I'm still learning how to edit everything, change settings, etc. However, the only thing I am struggling with is figuring out how to edit the footer tag "Powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery" at the bottom of every page. How do I go about editing this to also include details for my site at the bottom of every page? I've checked theme.php, template.html and just cannot figure it out!

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

- Dave
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 08:33:40 am by Joachim Müller »

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Footer Tag "Powered by Copp..." - How to Edit & Change?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 08:31:28 am »

It is part of the terms and conditions of using this software that you do not edit that line. If we explained how to on here we would get loads of people removing it. If you wish to add your own text in the same area you can do that and there are many threads describing where to add your notice.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

davelp

• Coppermine newbie
2nd Try: Footer Tag "Powered by Copp..." - How to Edit & Change?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 08:50:13 am »

I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original thread as my key objective was misinterpreted by both posters that replied. I do appreciate the effort though.

So again, how do I go about editing this to also include details for my site at the bottom of every page? Note that I did not say I want to remove it, I want to add to it.

I've searched prior to posting and did not find any of these super helpful threads 'Phill Luckhurst' spoke of in my previous thread. Perhaps you could kindly post a link since you found them and I didn't. Thank you.

- Dave

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: 2nd Try: Footer Tag "Powered by Copp..." - How to Edit & Change?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 09:19:43 am »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#customHeader

Search the forum/docs and FAQ and most questions will be answered.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: 2nd Try: Footer Tag "Powered by Copp..." - How to Edit & Change?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 10:48:44 am »

So again, how do I go about editing this to also include details for my site at the bottom of every page? Note that I did not say I want to remove it, I want to add to it.
Telling you how to edit it would mean telling you how to get rid of it. You appear not to understand this: we're not ready to discuss this. As suggested in the FAQ, you posting falls into the category "silly question that will certainly not get answered, no matter how often you ask it". That's why your first question was locked. You're not allowed to start a second, identical thread. So I'm merging your second thread with your initial one that got locked.
We will not tell you how to manipulate the footer, especially since you're not allowed to edit it according to the license add-on (read the docs!). If you want content directly above or below it, go ahead and add it directly above or below the "Powered by Coppermine" tag, but not within this very line. End of story. Thread remains locked. Try asking the question a third time and you'll get banned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.