Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back up questions  (Read 1807 times)

GDGerlach344

• Coppermine newbie
Back up questions
« on: March 30, 2009, 02:43:57 am »

I am using my gallery only for me to logon and upload; I do not have any other users.  What I would like to do is back up to my local computer whatever I need to get my gallery quickly back online and running in case my server crashes.  How do I back up each of the following:

1.  All preferences I have set up in the various config settings

2.  Other things such as order of albums, order of photos, etc.

3.  The file info I entered with each picture (Title, description, which album it's assigned to, etc.)

I already figured out how to back up all sizes of the photos and since I'm the only user, no need to back up any user settings.  Is there anything else I should back up?

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Back up questions
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 07:44:15 am »

You need to backup your uploaded files, i.e. everything that resides in http://yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_folder/albums/ and your database config file (located at  http://yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_folder/include/config.inc.php) using your FTP app, transfering everything from your webserver to your local hard drive. Additionally, you need to backup your database: use a tool like phpMyAdmin or mySqlDumper (see "Tools recommended by the devs") to backup all database tables that have the prefix you chose for your coppermine gallery during initial install. The backup plugin could be used as well.
This has been asked and answered frequently, so there are many postings that already explain backing up. Instructions remains the same for all database-driven applications: backup your files using FTP and backup your database by making frequent dumps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.