Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: 2 questions about gallery images/comments  (Read 2401 times)

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
[Solved]: 2 questions about gallery images/comments
« on: March 28, 2009, 02:42:44 am »

First, If there is a need to replace an image --how to do so without remaking the image in the 3 sizes/same name as those on server and uploading them to overwrite them? I can do this being the admin but if a member needs to replace their art how can they do it without needing to reupload and delete the other image. Can it be done from the edit of their image needing replaced?

Second:

Is there a way/code to add to the .css or another file to make the comment/description set to a certain line length? So that when they write their description or comment it does not stretch the page out of proportion. We seem to have some that stretch the page so badly it appears there is not an mage until you side scroll to find it.

Thanks for any help in these issues, your gallery is the best I have tried, and I have tried many. You guys do a great job with it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:23:14 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: 2 questions about gallery images/comments
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 12:13:22 pm »

First, If there is a need to replace an image --how to do so without remaking the image in the 3 sizes/same name as those on server and uploading them to overwrite them? I can do this being the admin but if a member needs to replace their art how can they do it without needing to reupload and delete the other image. Can it be done from the edit of their image needing replaced?
File replacement plugin

Second:
We have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. That's why your second, unrelated question will go ignored in this thread. Start a new thread for it.

heavensportal

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • The Fantasy Attic
Re: 2 questions about gallery images/comments
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 02:25:44 am »

Sorry I totally forgot and will write another thread for it, just trying to conserve space I guess.. thanks for the plugin it will certainly get used.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.