Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Help] Activation mails not working  (Read 3315 times)

cruisin222

• Coppermine newbie
[Help] Activation mails not working
« on: March 27, 2009, 03:11:36 am »

I am sure that this problem is described somewhere on your site but i tried for some hours viewing the forums and documentation.

I am all new to coppermine and naturly after i installed i want to test, however there seem to be some huge problem with activation mails that i have no idea what is. When users register to the site and get a confirmation e-mail or if i as admin get a mail saying that a new person has signed up and need activation the problem is same.

I get this link http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/register.php?activate=a951e7853d2192a60a101c106d21a947
Which says this:

An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. Server: coppermine.sourceforge.net
2. URL path: /register.php
3. Error notes: NONE
4. Error type: 404
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: activate=a951e7853d2192a60a101c106d21a947
7. Time: 2009-03-27 02:02:08 UTC (1238119328)

Reporting this problem: The problem you have encountered is with a project web site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be reported to the SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to SourceForge.net).

If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem, please do one of the following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7, above):

1. Contact the project via their designated support resources.
   2. Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see the upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page for their usernames) at user-name@users.sourceforge.net

If you are a member of the project that maintains this web content, please refer to the Site Documentation regarding the project web service for further assistance.

NOTE: As of 2008-10-23 directory index display has been disabled by default. This option may be re-enabled by the project by placing a file with the name ".htaccess" with this line:

Options Indexes

I tried solving it my self or finding someone with the similar problem but cant find any.

If anyone might know whats wrong i would really appriciate some help.

Thanks

cruisin222

• Coppermine newbie
Re: [Help] Activation mails not working
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 03:32:28 am »

version 1.4.16 btw

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 03:37:39 am »

You need to go into config and set your site url up properly.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 04:36:25 am »

...and update!
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 12:51:47 pm »

1. Server: coppermine.sourceforge.net
You don't own that domain, hence the error. Do as suggested and enter the proper URL of your gallery. In the future, try fixing such trivial errors on your own first: reading the docs or searching the board would have told you what your problem is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.