Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch and file function does not work. need help!  (Read 13756 times)

monosso

• Coppermine newbie
Batch and file function does not work. need help!
« on: March 25, 2009, 11:40:47 pm »

**Moved from: pnCPG Support** --> Fabricio Ferrero

I installed 8 coppermine into same saver. 6 of 8 coppermines' batch and files function work well. but 2 of 8 do not. these two coppermine have over 15,000 images. but images are pretty small. 30~100K each. When I click batch and files button, browser keeps loading., then failed. sometimes, "searchnew.php appears.

www.212image.com/stock/

this is one of big problem coppermine site.
I use a server by godaddy.com. I think server is pretty good. I called customer service. but nobody knows about coppermine at all.

Please help me to figure out this problem.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 03:38:23 pm by Fabricio Ferrero »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch and file function does not work. need help!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 11:53:49 pm »

How is this related to pnCPG?

monosso

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 03:19:17 pm »

How is this related to pnCPG?

I am sorry. I posted wrong place.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

monosso

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 04:49:55 pm »

Thank you for helping me.

However, I do not have any error message.  and It is no problem to upload images into ftp server. and I checked permission.
my problem is "batch and files" can not open.

I installed all of 8 coppermine at the same time. version 1.4.20. same config setting. only difference is quantity of images.

two coppermines have more than 15,000 images' batch and file can not work.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 09:38:13 pm »

Do as suggested please.

kira002

• Coppermine newbie
searchnew.php timing out
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 04:02:21 pm »

I am having the same problem - searchnew.php times out when I try to Batch Add. There's no error message to refer to, just a blank screen, and none of the fixes in the link above appear relevant. Additionally, I called my hosting provider (GoDaddy) and their diagnostic reported that the script is caught in a loop as it tries to find new pics. Suggestions?

kira002

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 04:15:26 pm »

BTW, I tried the fixes suggested here, but 1) my php.ini file doesn't have a max_execution_time setting, and the set_time_limit snippet didn't have any effect.

Also, http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.set-time-limit.php should be http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.set-time-limit.php in that support document.

kira002

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 04:19:59 pm »

Man, it's annoying not to be able to edit your own post!

So I don't get yelled at:

site: http://chucktv.net/gallery
URL with problem: http://chucktv.net/gallery/searchnew.php
test account: helper / h3lper

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 06:06:08 pm »

Try the mass import plugin. It's less resource hungry and has some other advantages.
http://cpg-contrib.org/board/index.php?topic=123.0

kira002

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 06:46:23 pm »

Thanks, I have it uploaded to my plugins folder, but now what? I assume this link - http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cpg-contrib/CPGMassImport/
 - is supposed to give me instructions, but it errors out.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 09:30:54 am »

It's the link after 'Download:'

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 11:13:28 am »

Thanks, I have it uploaded to my plugins folder, but now what? I assume this link - http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cpg-contrib/CPGMassImport/
 - is supposed to give me instructions, but it errors out.
If you go one level up in that board (http://cpg-contrib.org/board/index.php?board=25.0), you'll find yourself within the support board for that plugin. The plugin does not get supported here, but only at cpg-contrib.

So I don't get yelled at
If you're afraid to get yelled at, you shouldn't have hijacked someone else's thread, as your issue differs entirely from the issue the thread starter had. Stop replying to this thread - your hijacking attempt is just unfair against the thread starter.

Thanks, I have it uploaded to my plugins folder, but now what?
RTFM: the docs contain a section that explains how to install plugins. After installing, there will be a link in coppermine's admin menu that is labelled "Mass Import". Don't expect to be spoon-fed: you agreed to respect board rules when you signed up. One of the rules say that you're only allowed to post after having read the docs.

A less confrontational attitude would help you getting more detailed and faster answers.

monosso

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 05:18:36 pm »

I really appreciate KIRA002 who join my thread. KIRA002 is only one guy who has same problem. and he/she wants to share this problem.

I do not have any PHP knowledge at all. maybe I am not a right person to join this forum. Because I did not know any rules or common sense for this forum. This forum is very strict. you guys really like to protect this forum doing right way rather than solving problems.

I think this problem is a silly question for you guys. but it is a big problem for me and KIRA002. I am using coppermine for business. my boss totally got mad at me.

Please do not complain or blame to KIRA002. Please let us know solution if someone has any ideas.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 07:39:45 am »

Please let us know solution if someone has any ideas.
We have told you what you need to do:
Please, do as suggested in: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_support
and
Do as suggested please.
There's a reason why we insist on you doing as suggested. We can't help you if you don't.
You don't need to have any PHP skills to do that. What's so hard about posting a link to your site and a non-admin test user account? The only thing you need to do in advance is enabling debug_mode in coppermine's config and then setting the number of file upload fields to one and the number of uri upload fields to zero on the groups control panel.
Whining about being a newbie and the strictness of board rules is just irrelevant: you have hardly done what you need to do when asking for help. If you're afriad of needles, it's understandable that you don't like to see your doctor. However, complaining that the doctor can't cure your disease is silly if you stay away from him in the first place because of your phobia.

version 1.4.20. same config setting.
Upgrade. Most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.21- All versions before that version have a serious flaw - review the corresponding announcement.

I really appreciate KIRA002
We don't.
KIRA002 is only one guy who has same problem. and he/she wants to share this problem.
No, that's not true and the reason why we need you to discuss your issues in different threads: the reason for Kira's issues most probably is totally different from your issues. Problems with batch-add are generic and may have many reasons and cures. Do all people who see the doctor with a headache have the same disease and do they all get the same treatment? If it was that simple, you wouldn't need doctors at all - you just could cure people by giving them one generic medicine. You can't, because in real life things are more compicated. I'm not saying that curing a sick person is the same thing as giving support for coppermine: those two things of course differ to a great extent. However, they show us that identical symptoms don't mean identical cures.

I think this problem is a silly question for you guys.
It's not a silly question for us. But the way you discuss this is silly: instead of doing as suggested (posting link and non-admin user account) you ignore our advise and instead post rants about forum staff not being able to help you. That indeed is silly. You need to enable us to help you in the first place: tell us what we need to know and we will be able to help you for sure.

I am using coppermine for business.
If you're a pro you should be able to solve that little task you have and read that small section of the docs we told you to read so often already. Then do as suggested there.

my boss totally got mad at me.
I'd be mad at you as well if I were your boss if you acted in your job the same way you act here. Don't complain, but do as suggested.

Handler

• Coppermine newbie
  • The Sith Lord
    • totally spies
Re: searchnew.php timing out
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 08:03:37 pm »

I am having the same problem - searchnew.php times out when I try to Batch Add. There's no error message to refer to, just a blank screen, and none of the fixes in the link above appear relevant. Additionally, I called my hosting provider (GoDaddy) and their diagnostic reported that the script is caught in a loop as it tries to find new pics. Suggestions?

I have this exact same problem. And I also have the same host (Godaddy).

Thing is, my current Coppermine version (1.4.18) was installed a year ago in May 2008, and it's been working flawlessly since then. But for some reason I am getting the above "Batch Add" bug now...  weird since nothing has been changed to my setup.

Perhaps simply adding more and more albums and pictures to Coppermine could cause this bug to appear out of nowhere? Because that's the only thing I've done since installing 1.4.18 a year ago.

Checking Godaddy's PHP settings, it looks like nothing has been changed since March 2008:

PHP Version 5.2.5
System    Linux p3slh163.shr.phx3.secureserver.net 2.4.21-53.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Nov 14 03:54:12 EST 2007 i686
Build Date    Mar 3 2008 12:59:56

Should I go ahead and upgrade to Coppermine 1.4.24?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: searchnew.php timing out
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 08:36:44 pm »

Should I go ahead and upgrade to Coppermine 1.4.24?
Yes, definitely.

If you then still have issues, don't act as silly as the thread starter, but do as suggested in the docs. One of the board rules says that you mustn't hijack other's thread, but start a thread of your own. Your issue may or may not be related.

Thing is, my current Coppermine version (1.4.18) was installed a year ago in May 2008, and it's been working flawlessly since then. But for some reason I am getting the above "Batch Add" bug now...  weird since nothing has been changed to my setup.
Automated installs are bad and go unsupported. Shouting "bug" is not a clever idea. The issue the thread starter had was a PEBKAC issue and not a bug.

Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.