Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Three newbie questions  (Read 2903 times)

theotg

• Coppermine newbie
Three newbie questions
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:21:58 pm »

Hi all,

I have just installed coppermine for evaluation on my site (currently using JAlbum on http://oren.thesarids.net)

I have three things I couldn't find:
1) I sometimes post pictures in forums, so I'd like to use hotlinking, but all the threads I found are about blocking it. The problem is - I couldn't find how to do that in the first place. How do I get a direct link to my photos?

2) I'd like to allow usage of zoomify on panoramas, but am not sure how to incorporate it. Any experience on that?

3) Can I allow the user viewing my pictures in multiple sizes? If so - how?

Thanks a lot,
Oren

theotg

• Coppermine newbie
Oh, one more
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:29:32 pm »

Can I nest albums?

Thanks,
Oren

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Three newbie questions
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 08:02:25 pm »

1) I sometimes post pictures in forums, so I'd like to use hotlinking, but all the threads I found are about blocking it. The problem is - I couldn't find how to do that in the first place. How do I get a direct link to my photos?
Do a right-click, properties. Pretty basic skill imo. There's a mod or two as well that will display the image URL below the image, even embedd into bbcode if needed. One of the plugins that come to mind: copy/ paste bbcode img URL below intermediate image v1.1

2) I'd like to allow usage of zoomify on panoramas, but am not sure how to incorporate it. Any experience on that?
Never heard of that, so the asnwer is "no". There's another zoom plugin available though: CPGAnis Dynamic Pan and Zoom plugin for full size images.

3) Can I allow the user viewing my pictures in multiple sizes? If so - how?
Yes, see Download Resized - resize img to user defined values and offer download

Can I nest albums?
No.

We have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. Do so in the future please. Read up board rules.

theotg

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Three newbie questions
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 08:14:04 pm »

Thanks for your answers, and I'll keep to one question at a time in the future. Sorry, just didn't want to flood...

Do a right-click, properties. Pretty basic skill imo. There's a mod or two as well that will display the image URL below the image, even embedd into bbcode if needed. One of the plugins that come to mind: copy/ paste bbcode img URL below intermediate image v1.1
Never heard of that, so the asnwer is "no". There's another zoom plugin available though: CPGAnis Dynamic Pan and Zoom plugin for full size images.
Yes, see Download Resized - resize img to user defined values and offer download
No.

We have a strict "one question per thread" policy that you agreed to respect when signing up. Do so in the future please. Read up board rules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.