Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Categories Shows as Empty  (Read 3174 times)

mylogon

• Coppermine regular visitor
Categories Shows as Empty
« on: March 24, 2009, 07:50:06 am »

I installed CPM and had no problems with that, integrated it with Advance Guestbook, no problems, but for some reason, even though when I uploaded pics as aim using the XP upload script  -it decided to make them a user gallery.  I thought no problem, I will move the gallery up into the no category galleries.  Well, even though there is a user gallery and a non user gallery, when I go to categories it shows nothing, no user galleries and nothing else.  So the gallery shows up under my user admin name.   BAAAD. 

I have never had nothing show up under Categories, and not be able to move files before.  I even tried resetting to the default theme, but still no categories show up in the admin control panel.

Anyone have any ideas, as this is a memorial website for a friend that died over the week end and do not ant to lose the views before the service on Wednesday by trying to reinstall.

I have about twenty other installation that all work (installed through either Cpanel or Fantastico) and regularly move galleries with no problems.  But no galleries even are displayed?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Categories Shows as Empty
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 07:55:41 am »

So the gallery shows up under my user admin name.   BAAAD. 
That's what happens if you as admin use personal galleries as well. Use public one instead.

I have never had nothing show up under Categories, and not be able to move files before.  I even tried resetting to the default theme, but still no categories show up in the admin control panel.
We've run out of crystal balls, so maybe you could post a link instead making us guess the URL your issue is about.

Anyone have any ideas, as this is a memorial website for a friend that died over the week end and do not ant to lose the views before the service on Wednesday by trying to reinstall.
Re-installing is pointless.

I have about twenty other installation that all work (installed through either Cpanel or Fantastico) and regularly move galleries with no problems.
Fantastico sucks. Auto-installers go unsupported. Make those galleries reallly coppermine-driven by performing an update as we suggest in our docs and promise you'll never use an auto-installer crap again ;).

mylogon

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:04:05 am »

http://www.ryanmcquade.net/gallery

I used the Cpanel install, and I know sometimes they have problems, but this is over 20 tims I have done without these problems, and as a web hosting provide there is no way I can count on users to update their installations with patches, so I am stuck with something that will tell me when a user does not update and then I can warn them, and either update or disable their installation.

I used the XP file upload script and had it set to no category, which should not have defaulted to a user gallery.  I did not think an admi could even have a gallery - but I never tried to create a user gallery as an admin...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:06:47 am »

XP Publisher is a tool meant for non-admin users. All uploads performed by XP publisher go into the user gallery.
You as admin should use FTP-upload plus batch-add, nothing else.

As I suspected, your gallery is outdated - so much for the brilliant cpanel install. Upgrade as we suggest in our docs.

mylogon

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 08:13:06 am »

What ftp upload, as most fail , from the nibbler script to the juplaod, at least half the time?  Even the batch upload crashs at least that often.  And yes, I have some servers that I do total manual installs, but still have the update problem, as no one has written either an rpm, or a user-enabled update script  -or even something that does a version check. to let you know you need to update.

mylogon

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 08:17:51 am »

And yes, you are correct that they are only on version 1.4.18.

mylogon

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 08:25:34 am »

I created a new category, uploaded as admin while viewing galleries as not standard, but still no categories show up in control panel. Are you saying this was a bug in 1.4.18, as I do not see that in the changelog.

mylogon

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 08:37:49 am »

FYI - I just checked two galleries, both use XP upload and neither go into user galleries, since they upload as admin.  Sometimes that is all I can train a user for....

If you have an idea where that data is stored, as I have checked in mysql and cannot find the pointers to what gallery  -but since even with three categories no show up in the category editor - I am thinking I am out of look.

Any thoughts, especially if they help, would be appreciated...

mylogon

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 08:51:28 am »

I manually created categories in mysql and moved the files.  Still curious if this is a old bug that is not listed in the changelog, though...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 05:33:03 pm »

We're not ready to discuss the need to upgrade to the most recent stable. Either upgrade or fix things on your own. Your choice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.