Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Add needed for Non-admin users  (Read 3722 times)

designerx

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Add needed for Non-admin users
« on: March 23, 2009, 06:15:48 pm »

Hi,

I need to give "Batch Add files" rights to a select number of designated, and trusted, "uploaders" to my website, without giving full access to the design of the site.  I would love to know more if this issue has been tackled and solved or if it remains open.  I've been through all the documentation and scanned countless forum threads (several of which touch on the topic) however, none seem to elude to the solution I'm desiring...yet.  :)

Thanks and any response is greatly appreciated.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch Add needed for Non-admin users
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:01:07 pm »

Has been asked and answered many times over. Short answer: not possible unless you make them admin. Long answer: please look up the previous threads where this has been asked for details.

designerx

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 07:38:04 pm »

Hey Joachim,

I feel like I have read every post possible regarding the subject.  haha.  In one, you mention it would be difficult to do, but not impossible.  That is why I wanted to test the water and see if anyone had worked on that or found a way of accomplishing because it would be a HUGE feature if it existed.

Thanks again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:29:06 am »

Coppermine doesn't make a difference: you're either an admin or you're not. What you can do is remove the security check from searchnew.php that keeps non-admins from running it. You're on your own with this. Review the first thread in the list (the one in bold) below to find instructions, but make sure that you read the warnings first. You have been warned. Don't complain if you got hacked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.