Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: plugin image protection  (Read 3701 times)

vnunited

• Coppermine newbie
    • World Models
[Solved]: plugin image protection
« on: March 21, 2009, 05:26:04 pm »

Sorry if I post this in the wrong category, feel free to move, since I'm not sure where to post this. I've also search for it.
Is there a plugin to protect image, for example prevent right click save as. I understand that it's not completely protected but at least making it harder for some to steal your image. Thanks
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 05:44:24 pm by Joachim Müller »
Visit my modeling gallery website using coppermine

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
Re: plugin image protection
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:56:45 pm »

There are a couple of ways to achieve this, the one I would choose is Prevent downloading of pics - transparent gif overlay mod made by Stramm. ;)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 09:43:34 am »

There is a plugin named "(R.C. Menu) Disable right click and show your custom menu (Cross Browser)" to prevent right-clicks. Not sure why you haven't found it when performing your search.
Can't recommend that though - in fact, I find no-right-click scripts extremely silly. Instead, I suggest considering applying watermarks.

vnunited

• Coppermine newbie
    • World Models
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 12:11:32 am »

Thank you J. I probably searched for the wrong keyword and it didn't appear for me, sorry.
I like the the protection right click better because some images I have does not belong to me, so putting water mark or something would indicate it belong to me which is not right, just my personal opinion and feeling :) I know others will have a lot to say about this but that's a different topics :)

Now I've encountered a big problem.
I downloaded the RCmenu plugin and installed it. It work, but my cpg1.4.x_plugin_captcha_v3.0 does not work anymore, meaning the code no longer appear for me to type in, and I don't know how to get back into the admin tools to disable this new plugin.
How do I disable the plugin manually via FTP? I have tried to delete the plugin folders but it doesn't help much. Thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 07:42:03 am »

You don't disable a plugin using your FTP-app, but directly in your database using a third-party-tool like phpMyAdmin. Browse the plugin table and delete the record that corresponds to the plugin you want to get rid of. Alternatively, turn coppermine's plugin API off temporarily by browsing coppermine's config table in phpMyAdmin and setting enable_plugins to 0.

I like the the protection right click better because some images I have does not belong to me, so putting water mark or something would indicate it belong to me which is not right, just my personal opinion and feeling :) I know others will have a lot to say about this but that's a different topics :)
Well, right-click can be circumvented easily, that's why it's only a wannabe-protection. Use watermarking to protect the pics you own and don't watermark those you do not own. Dead easy if you ask me. Or apply different watermarks: for the pics you do not own, apply the watermark "hosted on www.example.com" or similar.

vnunited

• Coppermine newbie
    • World Models
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 04:35:40 pm »

Thank you very much J. I have removed the plugin, and I will check out the rcmenu plugin topics for further information, but will most likely take your advice and use watermark. Problem solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.