Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine as a base for a dictionary  (Read 2468 times)

AndreasDe

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.depping-foto.de
Coppermine as a base for a dictionary
« on: April 30, 2004, 01:08:22 pm »

I just installed coppermine as a base for a dictionary on our school website. The idea is that I present for example a tool or a work process with a picture and a title and the students have to describe this with their own words by giving a comment. It would be nice to have a dictionary like sorting in categories and/or in alphabetical order of all the titles. Maybe with or without a thumbnail. You may get an idea about my request when you have a look on my site.
http://www.johannesburg-bbs.de/fachwort/
I am happy about each suggestion for modifying or improving my dictionary.
Andreas

Would it be advisable to combine it with postnuke ? Up to now I have no experience in this.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Coppermine as a base for a dictionary
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 12:06:37 pm »

by default coppermine sorts the thumbnails by filename, so my advice would be to just name the pics in the manner they're supposed to appear.
As another suggestion, I recommend to decrease the number of rows shown in thumbnail view, as your page takes too long to load.

If you shy away from setting coppermine up with nuke integration, you could as well take a look at the mini-cms add-on that enables you to add some other pages to your site using coppermine's theme.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.