Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Layout problem with IE 8  (Read 5375 times)

Bonanza

• Coppermine novice
Layout problem with IE 8
« on: March 20, 2009, 03:33:11 pm »

Dear all,

my Coppermine Gallery (see http://www.volker-ackermann.com ) has a layout problem with IE8.
I am using a slightly modified project_vii theme. Rendering the layout in IE6/IE7/FF2+3 is fine (also the rendering in IE8 when I switch to IE7 compatibility view is fine).
On the right side of the gallery start page, there are in some black lines, which are thicker than the general layout lines. I have attached a screenshot and marked the area with red arrows, to better visualize what I am writing about.

Any tips/hints/ideas how to modify the code so that the layout is fine (again) in IE8 nativ view is greatly appreciated.

B.r.
Bonanza

G.I. Joe

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Layout problem with IE 8
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 11:30:15 pm »

After Micro$oft upgraded my IE8, I can not log into the gallery.  I have an XP sp3 machine right next to the Vista machine, and it logs in and out with out a problem.  The sad thing is, I am not only a user, I am the admin as well. >:(

Any work arounds?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 11:33:49 pm »

Please respect the board rules before posting in future.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.msg270632.html#msg270632

Your issue is very different to the thread starter so start your own thread making sure you follow the board rules

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55415.0.html
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 11:12:06 am »

To add to what Phill said: it's not Microsoft who upgraded your browser, but you. Being lazy and setting the upgrade mechanism to fully automatic is not our problem nor the problem of Microsoft, but only a result of your laziness. Bashing Microsoft doesn't make sense here, as the yours appears to be a PEBCAK issue and not one related to the bad and sinister plots of Microsoft to win world domination. Just because we're FOSS devs doesn't mean that we're Microsoft haters. Yes, IE sucks, that's something I agree with. But you're free to use another browser. Use a decent browser if you think that the issue is browser related. Anyway, that's not coppermine-related, as coppermine should work across browsers.

G.I. Joe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 12:35:30 pm »

Thank you so much for your kind response and swift help.  Your concern is beyond belief.  May the blessings of mankind ..... I am so happy I came here looking for assistance.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 12:39:33 pm »

You could have done as suggested
Your issue is very different to the thread starter so start your own thread
instead of whining.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 08:10:51 am »

"G.I. Joe" sent me un unrequested PM (although he is not allowed to do so according to board rules and my signature):
Phill Luckhurst was kind enough to point out my error.  That was sufficient.  I am new to Coppermine and new to this forum.  Your constant insults towards me do not speak well about you or the product you represent.  I apologize for posting in the wrong spot and whatever else pissed you off.  I was not bashing Micro$oft or making any claims about my abilities.  Nor was I slamming Coppermine.  I just encountered a problem and was seeking some help.

I am sending this not as a private message so as not to further clutter the forum.  If you are inclined to continue with the insults, so be it.

Unfortunately not everyone in the world is not as smart as you are, thus the need for helpful forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.