Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleting Problems  (Read 2716 times)

Blain

• Coppermine newbie
Deleting Problems
« on: March 19, 2009, 02:16:36 am »

Hello,

I accidentally deleted the userpics within the albums section. Not sure if this is a problem, though I did read elsewhere that you are supposed to keep this. How would I go about reinstating it. As it is now, I am unable to delete certain Images (if not any) because I get this message: Directory 'albums/userpics/' is not writable, files can't be deleted.

Thank you for your assistance, it's dearly appreciated.

Blain

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Deleting Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 02:45:59 am »

I'd also like to mention, that after having deleted the userpics.php (sp?) in the Albums section, some of the Images in the gallery are not loading. This is a huge problem, I really wish there was a way to fix this. Any ideas?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 07:55:31 am »

The folder http://example.com/coppermine_folder/albums/userpics/ contains all files that have been uploaded using http. If you have files on your coppermine gallery that have been uploaded using http, those files are now lost and you should see broken links within coppermine. If you don't have a backup of the folder "userpics", then those files are lost permanently. If you do have a backup, just restore it and everything will be fine.
If you haven't uploaded anything yet (fresh install), just use your ftp app to re-create the folder "userpics" within the album folder and everything will be fine.
If you have so far only been uploading using FTP uploads plus batch-add, the userpics folder will be empty as well. Re-create it and everything will be OK.

As it is now, I am unable to delete certain Images (if not any) because I get this message: Directory 'albums/userpics/' is not writable, files can't be deleted.
Sounds like you already have httpp uploads that are broken. You have two options: restore the missing folders and files (the ones the error message complains about), then use coppermine's user interface to delete them. Second option: use a third party tool like phpMyAdmin to directly remove the database records from your database. Only recommended for experienced users who know their way around in phpMyAdmin.

Any particular reason for not doing as suggested by board rules and posting rules:
8. Post links
When posting a support request, it's helpfull for supporters in most cases to see what the actual page looks like, that's why it's recommended that you always post a link to your coppermine gallery page when asking for support. If your site contains adult content, make sure to post a warning together with your link!

Blain

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 02:42:55 pm »

Thank you eternally, Joachim Müller

I have over 6,000 Images here, I really would be heart-broken to start over. So basically, all it was, is that I deleted the userpics album and should not have. Having done this, it caused the Images I added via the interface (and not ftp) to go quank and thus not show. I will re-add what I am able and be sure to create a new userpics folder to aid in the future.

I'll be sure to ask if there are any more problems, as well as give a link to the gallery (although it is an adult, members-only gallery).

Thanks again,

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 06:14:58 pm »

You really should backup your stuff to make sure you don't get heart-broken one day... ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.