Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Forums 'activation' email fails 'Sender Address Verification'  (Read 17597 times)

tbaker1980

• Coppermine newbie

http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html

When I was attempting to register for the boards, my host which has implemented Postfix SAV would not accept your web form which had an invalid 'MAIL FROM' in the SMTP Envelope:

Dec  6 14:05:28 mx3 pf-in/smtpd[82014]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk[80.68.88.129]: 554 5.1.7 <www-data@coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk>: Sender address rejected: undeliverable address: host a.mx.coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk[80.68.88.129] said: 550 Unknown user (in reply to RCPT TO command); from=<www-data@coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk> to=<MY_EMAIL_ADDRESS> proto=ESMTP helo=<coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk>

Your verification email has the envelope (SMTP Session, not header) MAIL FROM of
from=<www-data@coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk>

However your MX server responds 550 Invalid user when attempting to validate that address.

I had to beg my ISP to whitelist your revdns (coppermine.vm.bytemark.co.uk[80.68.88.129]), but it would be much simpler if your MAIL FROM where a valid mailbox, even if you had it delivering to |>dev/null

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Your Forums 'activation' email fails 'Sender Address Verification'
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 08:29:21 am »

You're right. Thanks for the report.

I will quote your message in a new thread on a dev-only board and we'll try to come up with a solution. Thanks again.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.