Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Control order of photos in an album  (Read 6297 times)

windyweather

• Coppermine novice
    • Windy Weather Photos
Control order of photos in an album
« on: March 12, 2009, 08:14:10 pm »

Now we have "Viewer" defined order.
Sure would be nice to be able to lock an order for an album.
If an album tells a story and the poster would like to control the order to tell that story regardless of the viewer preferences, then the poster should be able to set the order in the Album Properties dialog.

- w
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:26:47 pm by windyweather »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Control order of photos in an album
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 07:22:29 am »

I think I understand your request - you want an admin toggle to enable/disable the visitor's ability to sort a particular album, allowing it for one album and disallowing it for another. This would imo fit best if the new permissions concept was finally applied in the future. Will not go into cpg1.5.x (we already have a feature freeze for that version), but may be considered for cpg1.6.x. As a workaround I suggest adding some magic to the theme section that displays the sorting options to the end user: don't display that for particular albums. As there's no UI for that built in cpg, you'll have to code that in, but shouldn't be too hard.

windyweather

• Coppermine novice
    • Windy Weather Photos
Not just admin, but the POSTER
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 06:52:43 pm »

I was careful to say the POSTER of the album and to say that the feature should go into the Album Properties dialog. A USER ALBUM should be controlled by the user who posted the pictures not just by an admin.

- w

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 12:01:22 pm »

I understand what you said, so I replied that your suggestion might be considered for the future. I understand perfectly well what you're suggesting. Anyway, my reply was not only aimed at you (the thread starter), but others coming accross this thread performing a search. Those visitors of this thread may lack the patience to wait for another version in the distant future - they might be looking for answers right now. That's why I posted the workaround. It's a workaround and not the actual feature you suggest. That's why I didn't say "the feature already exists - you just need to edit the code". I'm aware that something that can only be accomplished by code editing can hardly be called a feature that end users could use. That's why I called it a workaround.

jamanman

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 12:23:59 pm »

As the flooding of Orkut was becoming out of control, the developers implemented
some features in order to stop this. These features included not allowing ....
This crack made Orkut team implement new secure album/photos implementation
 *Link Removed*
 *Link Removed*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.