Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permanent URLs  (Read 1944 times)

wheat

• Coppermine newbie
Permanent URLs
« on: March 11, 2009, 04:07:07 am »

Hi. I have a high traffic website that uses the Coppermine gallery and since I am always adding photos to my site, the URLs seem to be always changing. I use these links to the photos on other websites and they are never the same and somehow end up linking to another photo in the gallery. Is there a way to make photos have permanent URLs??

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Permanent URLs
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:52:46 am »

There used to be a plugin named "sef_url" to accomplish that, but it was dropped from the developers, so it goes sort-of unsupported. You're welcome to give it a try though if it works for you.
However, the dev team is aware that relative positions in URLs are bad in terms of user friendliness and especially SEO. That's why this has changed in cpg1.5.x, giving you permanent URLs. Remaining issue is: cpg1.5.x hasn't been released yet, nor is there a scheduled release date. You're welcome to try it using svn checkouts, but remember that it currently goes unsupported.

Nibbler

Re: Permanent URLs
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 02:12:26 pm »

Use the static URL provided in the pic info section on the intermediate page when linking to specific pictures.

This is dynamic: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/displayimage.php?album=28&pos=4
This is static: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/displayimage.php?pos=-367
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.