Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Using Coppermine as iStock.com like website ?  (Read 2442 times)

fetish-hosting

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fetish Hosting
[Solved]: Using Coppermine as iStock.com like website ?
« on: March 09, 2009, 08:32:02 pm »

Hi

I have searched the forums and found nothing recent about this topic so thought I would ask again.

I would like to set up a website similar to iStock.com but focusing on a very specific area and wondered whether Coppermine can easily be used for this or whether it would need too much modification to get it to work.

Thanks
Ian
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:29:42 am by Joachim Müller »
Web hosting for Fetish, Adult and Alternative Lifestyle sites

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Using Coppermine as iStock.com like website ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 10:09:40 am »

So your request is that supporters should register on the page http://www.istockphoto.com/ to find out what features they have and then we're suppossed to tell you wether those features exist in coppermine or if they can be added to coppermine using plugins or mods, and how easy/hard this is going to get? Hm... A bit beyond what you can expect from free support, don't you agree?
Do it the other way round: download coppermine, install it on a testbed, search the board for mods that add features that don't exist out of the box, try to apply those mods. Come back here if you have issues with one of the steps I mentioned (initial install, configuration, application of mods), and describe your problem then in detail. We'll try to help you then if we can.

fetish-hosting

• Coppermine newbie
    • Fetish Hosting
Re: Using Coppermine as iStock.com like website ?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:24:36 am »

So your request is that supporters should register on the page http://www.istockphoto.com/ to find out what features they have and then we're suppossed to tell you wether those features exist in coppermine or if they can be added to coppermine using plugins or mods, and how easy/hard this is going to get? Hm... A bit beyond what you can expect from free support, don't you agree?
Do it the other way round: download coppermine, install it on a testbed, search the board for mods that add features that don't exist out of the box, try to apply those mods. Come back here if you have issues with one of the steps I mentioned (initial install, configuration, application of mods), and describe your problem then in detail. We'll try to help you then if we can.

done, done, done and described but thanks so much for your help !
Web hosting for Fetish, Adult and Alternative Lifestyle sites
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.