Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Needing someone thats available for MOD's on my website  (Read 4917 times)

wickedprops

• Coppermine newbie
Needing someone thats available for MOD's on my website
« on: March 09, 2009, 12:26:39 pm »

I have a current template and site but my webmaster is now very busy with other obligations. My website is www.wickedprops.com and Im looking anyone that would be interested in assisting me with MOD's that I need, and any upgrades and ideas are also appreciated.

You can check my contact info on my site and also contact me through the email posted.

Thanks,
Wesley

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Needing someone thats available for MOD's on my website
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:34:44 am »

Upgrade first!
Then read the sticky thread on this sub-board and do as suggested.

wickedprops

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 09:51:08 am »

I read the sticky...

The only things I did not mention was the time limit, or budget as the money is flexible and no rush on time. It would be more constant than just a one time thing.

Thanks for the response,

Wesley

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 10:28:45 am »

OK, I understand that you don't have a budget to spend on a one-time job. However, your job offer as-is doesn't look very attractive to potential takers if you ask me. You could mention the estimated amount of time per month. You could post your monthly budget or what you are going to pey per hour. Don't get me wrong - I'm not interessted in the job. I'm just trying to point out that there will be probably not too many potential takers, with so little information posted. If I was a freelancer interessted in similar jobs, I'd want to see more information before even being willing to contact the potential employer.
Additionally, you haven't specified examples for modifications, so it's not clear to me what skill level the freelancer will need. As a rule of thumb: the more skill someone has, the higher the price is (of course, there are exceptions to that rule).
The sub-board rules don't exist just because of that, but based on our experience that you will not get replies if you don't do as suggested there.

Joachim

wickedprops

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 10:36:02 am »

Hey Joachim,

Thanks for clearing it up for me..

I meant that the budget was not a problem that I can pay whatever.....as long as it's fair.

I dont know alot about CPG to be honest as I had a webmaster I hired to design the site and help with anything I needed..the problem is he has now become crazy busy and it takes forever for him to reply.

One problem Im currently having is that I had tons of albums and pics posted up there but some reason the images disappeared a few days ago. I called godaddy who hosts it for me and they said they still saw the images being up there but its not showing on my site for some reason.

Im just looking for someone very knowledgable that can assist me in any mods..like making album covers that wont be inside the albums...and other smaller things. the price can be discuss and I have mod's that need to be done every now and then. Im also looking for any ideas that might help or make things better for my site as well dealing with the CPG.

I wouldnt mind upgrading and finding out what the upgrade give me? I was hosting my site through my webmaster at hostgator I think it was...and their servers crashed and I lost everything. So I changed it to godaddy and I dont have a cpanel to fix the album covers any longer as I did before. My webmaster made a zthumbs folder for me to upload the pics through and then I would go into the cpanel to issue the correct number to each album. this fixed the pic from my zthumbs folder (which couldnt be seen by the public) to each of the correct albums. Currently Im not sure how to do it and that would be the first thing I would need help with. Once I can find someone to help I will make a list of other things if possible for the freelancer to complete.

Thanks and sorry for the misunderstanding,
Wesley Cannon

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.