Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Troubleshooting the batch add process.  (Read 28529 times)

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
Troubleshooting the batch add process.
« on: April 30, 2004, 03:25:02 am »

Batch add is limited by two php.ini settings:

1. max_execution_time - Default of 30 seconds.

If this is the issue, you will get a warning about the maximum execution time being exceeded. This error can occur if you have too many directories in /albums, or it may happen if you are trying to upload an abnormally large number of files. You may increase this setting in php.ini, or you may attempt to set the time limit in the script if the server permits.

The time limit may be changed by adding the following declaration near the beginning of the file:
set_time_limit(x);

where x is the number of seconds you desire. A setting of 0 removes the time limit restriction.  Remember that this call is subordinate to the setting in php.ini, so you cannot use it to overcome a restriction there. More information can be found in the PHP manual:

http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.set-time-limit.php

2. memory_limit - This setting has a default of 8MB. 

For more on addressing this issue see the stick topic "Allowed memory size of X bytes exhausted"

Other notes:

Batch add works by creating multiple processing threads for each image in the directory. An HTML page is then generated which creates links to the processing script. As each link is called, an image is processed.  This is a very fast process, but it very resource hungry, and some server administrators have deemed it 'insane'.  If your server administrator requests that you stop batch adding, we recommend that you consider using the XP Publish utility, multiple HTTP uploads (if suitable for your intent), or that you get a new host who can handle your needs.

Finally, you must not FTP files to the /albums/userpics directory.  Coppermine 1.3 does not permit this action, and the /userpics directory will not be available from the batch add script.  The /userpics directory is exclusively reserved for Coppermine's use.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 10:15:52 am by GauGau »
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

coppermineuser

• Coppermine newbie
Troubleshooting the batch add process.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 07:59:38 pm »

My problem is when I click on "batch add" I get this:

"This function allows you to add a batch of file that your have uploaded to your server by FTP.

Select the directory where you have uploaded your files"

But there is no clickable link or text field to enter any information.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 10:15:36 am by GauGau »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Troubleshooting the batch add process.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 08:03:00 pm »

Where did you upload your files/folders?

coppermineuser

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 08:04:31 pm »

Sorry, I should have done a search first. I found the answer. Thanks for responding so quickly, though!

Demonio316

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 06:21:19 am »

I follwed the instructions on how to batch-add.  I uploaded my pics to the /albums folder, with subfolders.  I get this little message when I try to add the to their album...

Warning: the script can't write in this directory, you need to change its mode to 755 or 777 before trying to add the files !

This error message isnt mentioned in the docs.  Can you help me?

Edit -- Went to the file manager of my website, the folders I uploaded are already in mode 755.  I successfully added a pic thru the manual upload utility.  But, I have 1000's I want to upload.  Please tell me there is something simple I missed.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 06:40:36 am by Demonio316 »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 07:25:10 am »

Iff 755 doesn't work, have you tried 777?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 07:26:50 am »

Warning: the script can't write in this directory, you need to change its mode to 755 or 777 before trying to add the files !
should be pretty obvious, don't you think ;)

Joachim

Demonio316

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2005, 07:42:57 am »

umm, nope!  It is not obvious if your FTP client doen't let you change mode numbers.

Any-hoo, it seems you just have to give excecute and write permissions to the folder.  I use Ws_ftp LE so it doesnt have all the options, the change is only temporary, as well.  thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 07:51:28 am »

WS-FTP LE does have CHMOD options afaik, you might want to take a look at the tutorial section for an explanation.

Joachim

Demonio316

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 08:45:23 am »

Yes, that is the tutorial I found.  It is done in WsFTP Pro, not LE.  I dont get that menu that allows you to apply the perms to all sub folders and files.  I get the general idea now, i.e., use the "search" function!!  hehehe  Thanks for your help.  I'm sure I'll be needingit again.

I slapped a few albums up, whaddya think?? [edit GauGau] Warning, linked site contains nudity, not worksafe! [/edit] http://www.shootstyle.net/Image-Gallery/index.php
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 08:51:21 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 08:54:32 am »

permissions will apply to subfolders and files if there is no explicit option to turn this off, so you should be safe to go with LE as well.
Use the "share your galleries" thread for a show-off, and remember to warn people if a link is not work-safe / adult. Please end this discussion now, as we're on a sticky thread that is meant to contain general information that is relevant in relation to the thread subject!

Joachim
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 11:34:24 pm by GauGau »

eternal15

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 11:24:47 pm »

Well i did everything right, then i go to batch add and try to add files and get this error:

Warning: rename(./albums/anime/misc/ff7advent/ff7advent1.jpg,./albums/anime/misc/ff7advent/ff7advent1.jpg) [function.rename]: Permission denied in c:\websites\animemonkey196\anime-monkey.com\cpg132\addpic.php on line 39

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'albums/anime/misc/ff7advent/thumb_ff7advent1.jpg' for writing in c:\websites\animemonkey196\anime-monkey.com\cpg132\include\picmgmt.inc.php on line 218

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in c:\websites\animemonkey196\anime-monkey.com\cpg132\include\picmgmt.inc.php on line 224

Warning: getimagesize(albums/anime/misc/ff7advent/thumb_ff7advent1.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in c:\websites\animemonkey196\anime-monkey.com\cpg132\include\picmgmt.inc.php on line 226
Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 11:36:06 pm »

Please end this discussion now, as we're on a sticky thread that is meant to contain general information that is relevant in relation to the thread subject!
Contact your webhost for support then.

Joachim

efferent

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2005, 09:18:28 pm »

hi...

I'm getting a this message after selecting an uploaded folder in the select directory window. 'No new file was found'.

earlier i did the exact same thing with another folder and it works. i see the images as i click on the folder. it seems now any new folder i add to my the albums folder in my server i get this message.

any ideas....

cheers
dekade
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.